New and looking for help on my 1994 v8 swap

• Sponsors (?)

SorsCode just to clarify the fox 8.8 housing will fit onto my 1994 v6 axles and axle housings. I found a 5.0 fox at my local pick and pull wanted to make sure before I even go look
Yes, take a Fox 8.8, remove the axles and brake brackets. Take the axles out of your 7.5 and brake brackets off. Install brake brackets onto the 8.8 then install your axles into the 8.8 and now you have an SN95 (94-98) 8.8 rear end.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys know of any good sources for starter/battery harnesses? I need one for a friend's swap project, but everything I see on Ebay looks pretty crispy. Plus, it's hard to find a harness where the bone yard hasn't chopped off a couple of the connectors.

Do you guys know of any good sources for starter/battery harnesses? I need one for a friend's swap project, but everything I see on Ebay looks pretty crispy. Plus, it's hard to find a harness where the bone yard hasn't chopped off a couple of the connectors.
No one reproduces that harness yet. You can get a replacement Oxygen sensor harness but doesn’t include the battery cables or starter wire. LMR sells that.

For the starter/battery harness I usually just make my own.

Thank you very for the suggestion! You make a good point, once you take the O2 wiring out of the mix, there's not much left. I checked out the Ron Francis harness on LMR and it includes the low oil level sensor, so fabricating the battery and starter solenoid wiring wouldn't be bad. This might actually be a cleaner setup over-all since he wants to do a trunk mounted battery anyways. Is there anything else wrapped up in that harness? I'll have to put my car up and trace it around to check. I need to find some harness drawings for these cars, I feel like I'm working with my hands tied behind my back without real schematics.

I have a brand new EFI harness for the top of the engine, so that's already covered. The next one to fab-up will be the alternator harness, but i think that one is pretty simple. Aside from the alternator itself I don't recall if there are any other special connectors that I'll need to hunt down.

Thank you very for the suggestion! You make a good point, once you take the O2 wiring out of the mix, there's not much left. I checked out the Ron Francis harness on LMR and it includes the low oil level sensor, so fabricating the battery and starter solenoid wiring wouldn't be bad. This might actually be a cleaner setup over-all since he wants to do a trunk mounted battery anyways. Is there anything else wrapped up in that harness? I'll have to put my car up and trace it around to check. I need to find some harness drawings for these cars, I feel like I'm working with my hands tied behind my back without real schematics.

I have a brand new EFI harness for the top of the engine, so that's already covered. The next one to fab-up will be the alternator harness, but i think that one is pretty simple. Aside from the alternator itself I don't recall if there are any other special connectors that I'll need to hunt down.
As for anything else in that harness bundle, no. It's Oxygen Sensors, Low Oil, Starter Solenoid Trigger (which is missing the in LMR harness). Then you have your positive and negative power cables.

For manuals

user: ford-evtm
pass: FordManuals

if you get, session limit exceeded, means someone is already using it. However this will have manuals from the 80s-->2004