New best but need some clutch adjusting tips

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
Went to the track again last night after adding heads, I got a 12.704 @ 114.81 with a stout 1.73 60 ft time. My clutch cable is killing me, its feeling really loose and it takes for ever to get it in gear, taking away at least 2 tenths off the 1/4 if not more. Sometimes it wont even hold 4th gear itll just pop right out. Tranny is a new z rated t5 and the king cobra clutch has probably 500 miles on it. Heres the deal right now the linkage and quadrant are stock. I have a steeda double hook quadrant and a bbk firewall adjuster sitting here and they need to go on soon. Do i need a new cable or not?

• Sponsors (?)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :nonono:

NON-adjustible! NON-adjustible! Say it with me, mah bruthahs and sistahs! NON-adjustible! NON-adjustible, hallelujah! :D

Seriously.

multi-hook quad (from UPR) + OEM Ford "universal" cable (from MM) + FWA = :nice:

Maybe I should just start doing the JRichker copy-and-paste thing when it comes to clutch cable threads... :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :nonono:

NON-adjustible! NON-adjustible! Say it with me, mah bruthahs and sistahs! NON-adjustible! NON-adjustible, hallelujah! :D

Seriously.

multi-hook quad (from UPR) + OEM Ford "universal" cable (from MM) + FWA = :nice:

Maybe I should just start doing the JRichker copy-and-paste thing when it comes to clutch cable threads... :D

I gotta back a brotha up on this one. hallelujah! :nice: