Ran a new best:

60ft - 1.70
330ft - 5.086
660ft - 7.990
660MPH - 84.12
1000ft - 10.459
1/4 - 12.598
1/4 MPH - 107.20

Remember this is a NA auto car with 8.5:1 compression ratio. I'm very please with the results so far, when fall weather gets here 12.4's should be my new best :D

• Sponsors (?)

Does 4,000 stall feel too tall sometimes?
I was thinking on going with a 3,000 stall because im on the streets more than the strip. i only make it out there once every month or two just to do test and tune for some new bragging rights.

fastangboi said:
Does 4,000 stall feel too tall sometimes?
I was thinking on going with a 3,000 stall because im on the streets more than the strip. i only make it out there once every month or two just to do test and tune for some new bragging rights.

a 3000 is a waste of time.. go 3600 minimum with these cars.

nwapache said:
with cams and headers?:eek:

your forgetting about his best mod.. the PI 4000 stall he got.. a converter is the best mod for a auto hands down. I seen peopel pick up .5-.7 with just a good converter liek that. plus I am sure his suspension is setup nice, and he is running on slicks. You will be surprised what you can do with the right setup.

There is some 5 speed cars with a good working non bling bling suspension on slicks that have dipped into the 12's with just a x pipe for power mods.

The Converter is PI converter multi-disc 9.5" Stallion. 4000 rpm is not bad at all. Once you are in 2nd & 3rd gear the converter lockup and it like like driving a stock converter. Taking off in 1st you can deal a little but not as bad as you think.

My suspension is Eiback Drag Springs, Stock rear shocks, Lakewood 70/30 Struts and MT Drag Radials. I footbrake to 2100rpm and launch. My basic mods are cams and LT headers, UD & CAI did nothing for me. As fas as weight reduction I have racing seats, rear seat delete, Telstars Wheels, 2.5 Cowl Hood

No blower in the future, I have a heavy forge internals but I wanted 10.5:1 CR but the guy building my shortblock order the wrong pistons. I had to rebuild the motor 1000 miles later and found out I had the wrong pistons. This winter I'm going P&P heads, XE270AH cams, Crower Valve Springs, 11.5:1 CR and a transbrake. I'm shooting for high 11's.

The key to have a quick auto is a little weight reduction, rear gear, and a 3600 stall min. converter.

here is a 12.65 pass at FFW http://media.putfile.com/FFW-2006-II

Kurt2002 said:
Ran a new best:

60ft - 1.70
330ft - 5.086
660ft - 7.990
660MPH - 84.12
1000ft - 10.459
1/4 - 12.598
1/4 MPH - 107.20

Remember this is a NA auto car with 8.5:1 compression ratio. I'm very please with the results so far, when fall weather gets here 12.4's should be my new best :D

I need a converter bad. Im trapping 84 in the 1/8th but running 8.6's. Youre car shows me what mine should do. Congrats!

Great Job! Sounds like you got a good set up going! Your set up is close to mine but I have a PI 3200 stall and a complete tubular set up in the front now! Just did a little more work to the chassis i.e. poly motor and tranny mounts, steeda uca's and lca's and a slightly more efficient exhaust! Best run on the stock suspension and cams are 8.2 @ 83 and 12.9 @ 102! With the new tune Its at 264 hp and 304 ftlb tq! Those runs were on the stock suspension and cams! Can't wait to see what she will put down with the new suspension! I'm still running on the 17x9 rims and stock cams but 12.6's should be in range! Weight is the best key! The racing seats, rsd, tubular suspension, and various other parts knocked off almost 400lbs of the car! Keep us posted on your ride! Sounds like a sweet set up! Can't wait to get the cams to run low 12's too! lol

"ED"

Kurt2002 said:
The Converter is PI converter multi-disc 9.5" Stallion. 4000 rpm ..............I footbrake to 2100rpm and launch.
I am a little confused. Why would you only launch at 2100rpm if you can stall to 4000rpm? What would be the advantage of having that high of a stall if you dont use it?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking you in anyway, just curious about why you don't launch at a higher rpm.

Nice Times, hope I can get there soon................................................................................................

***EDIT*** and if you dont mind me asking, how much did the Converter cost you?

You can not brake stall a converter to its stall speed, only way to get 4K is with a transbrake. Footbraking it I can get about 2500 rpm before the wheels start to spin. That is my whole point, with a transbrake and launch at stall rpm 4K I should easily get low 12's. Footbraking killing me right now.

Kurt2002 said:
You can not brake stall a converter to its stall speed, only way to get 4K is with a transbrake. Footbraking it I can get about 2500 rpm before the wheels start to spin. That is my whole point, with a transbrake and launch at stall rpm 4K I should easily get low 12's. Footbraking killing me right now.
Never knew that.................................................................................

How much did your stall cost you?

Kurt2002 said:

ok cool... I don't know too much about autos, how does a transbrake work?