New Best Times: 8.33 @ 85.2

sneaky98gt

10 Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
NC State University
Track: Outer Banks Speedway in Creswell, NC. 1/8 mile track.
DA: -950 feet

60': 1.8940
330': 5.4458
594': 7.8239
1/8 ET: 8.3319
1/8 MPH: 85.22

Finally got some times I was looking for. My previous best 1/8 ET was a 8.47, in which I ran a corresponding 13.12 1/4, so considering I ran .14 faster in the 1/8, a 12 second pass should be just another trip to the 1/4 track away. And I'm planning on going back to the Rock (1/4 mi, and faster than the track tonight) next Friday night.

I got a new best 60' of 1.87, and several others in the 1.88-1.90 range. Although I got new best short times, the track wasn't hooking from crap. [That is an indicator to me to how much more power my car makes in cooler weather.] I was there from opening time till closing time, and they didn't prep it a single time. I only saw one or two drag cars hook up like they should have off the line. I got my best results with 25 pounds in my 275/40-17 Nitto 555R's, and putting LOTS of heat to them, as in 8-10 second long 2nd gear burnouts. With a better prepped track in similar or cooler conditions, I think I can cut sub-1.85 short times, and get into the 8.2s.

I also think the trap may be a tad low. I've gotten good times at this track, but typically with slightly slower trap speeds. Earlier this summer, on back to back weekends with similar DAs, I ran 8.47 @ 84.7 at Rockingham, and a 8.49 @ 83.7 at OBX Speedway, with identical 60's. So the J-Mod and decent weather have netted me a solid 1.5 mph in the 1/8. So I may be trapping as high as 86 on the right track. We'll see next Friday night.

That's all for now. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats man, I'm sure your car is capable of cracking off that 12 second time.

Good weather really helps, I'm wanting to hit the track soon myself and see what it'll run in 50-60* weather.

Thanks guys. Hopefully just a trip to the 1/4 away from a 12 second pass.

TD, no subframes. I don't really see the need for them with an auto transmission on the stock stall. Now if I had a 3400 stall or a 5 speed leaving at 5k rpm, then yea, I'd definitely have a set. My suspension is completely stock actually. Other than the ride height and quality, I really like my suspension. Handles plenty well for me in the twisties, and does pretty good at the track as well.

And oh yea, almost forgot. These runs were in FULL street trim, minus the drag radials. The sub box, spare tire, all my tools, a 5 gallon air tank to re-inflate my DRs, and several bottles of detailing stuff were in the back seat/trunk. I got off work at 6:00 and just didn't have time to take it all out. All that stuff probably adds up to at least 75 pounds. So I'm gonna take all that stuff out for the 1/4, and probably the rear seat, and possibly the passenger seat when I go next weekend.