New best track numbers across the board!

MAC'n89Blckstng

Jun 11, 2003
NJ
Well as some of you know, I've been trying to get the ol pig into the 12's. Well I finally did it last night! There were only like 30 people there so I was able to get alot of runs. This car is a real tough car to shift. On the street I can shift fast as hell but at the track my shifts slow down alot. I had like five really nasty runs where I either missed a gear or spun. I messed with the timing and the thing seemed to like 8* base timing and with my tune thats 34* total. I ended up cracking off these runs
[email protected] - 1.731 60ft 10* timing 4200 launch
[email protected] - 1.715 60ft 12* timing 4200 launch
[email protected] - 1.726 60ft 12* timing 4500 launch
[email protected] - 1.694 60ft 8* timing 4300 launch
and my last run for the season ended up being
[email protected] - 1.746 60ft 8* timing 4300 launch

To say I'm exstatic is an understatement. After today, she's going away for the season. Having no radio is getting really boring and my slicks are way over due for replacing. I'm gonna get some Hoosier QTP's for next year. I definatly think there's a 12.79 in there if I can cut some consistent 1.69 60's and get shifting faster.

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome man! The 8* base timing is curious...

yea its low, but my tune bumps the timing to 34* versus the stock tunes 26*

She's officially done for the season. And yea I will probably break parts but thats the fun of it!.......... I'm thinkin about getting a different clutch. mine seems to not like the abuse.

I was launching at 5500 and she liked it but it seemed like it was putting hell on the clutch and wouldn't allow me to shift in high rpms. Its still a bear to shift but I got her into the 12's this year so I'm happy about it.

My brother just toasted a clutch. His would go into gear okay, but was slipping bad. Better to have a clutch go than the transmission, IMO.

You have a Zspec trans, which I assume is stronger than a stocker? If thats the case you have more room for a harsher clutch. With my stock T5, I make sure my clutch choice is fairly weak, assuming the clutch goes before the trans.