New best track time '07gt

xtweakerx

Feb 26, 2007
Jupiter,FL
Well got back from the track tonight, i had a blast.

The c&l intake and brespeed sct 2 93 octane really woke my car up.

Mods
------
Line-locks
M&H Drag Radials (23psi)
Flowmaster Axle-back
C&L Racer intake
Brenspeed SCT 2 tune (93 octane)

60' 1.99
1/8 8.77
mph 80.15
1/4 13.59
mph 103.15

I'm pretty happy with it considering my track is pretty poor for hooking!

Before the 13.59 run i ran 3, 13.70's was still learning my launching.

The 1.99 i left around 4,000rpms.

• Sponsors (?)

I can't remember, where you running stock airbox and tune before the C&L/Brenspeed 93 or did you try a different combo? Any time you make progress at the track is good, but I'm not understanding your recent mods and netting .1 drop in E.T.
Anyhow, having a blast is what it's all about anyways:nice:

Those mods and drag radials should get one a high 12 right? Those seem like stock times. :shrug: Not saying anything about your driving, but I'd like to get some confirmation that a stock GT should run 13.2ish with DR's bone stock, right? Glad you had a blast, I won't be able to come out until this spring :(

God Bless,

There's a lot of factors to consider in 1/4 mile times. Altitude, air quality, track quality, etc.. The important thing to look at is improvement over previous times. I know there's a 1-2/10ths left in my 60', but I'm running 13.5's as well with cai, 93 octane tune, CMDPs and off road pipe along with LCA's. The most important thing is the improvements over previous runs.

Yeah, its a lot harder than it sounds to go fast at the track.

I have not seen one "stock" 05-08 gt at my track run 13.2 and i go to hang out quite a bit.

For example, the night i was running I met someone who just got an 08 gt we started talking cuz we both had white and we dont see that around here.

He had stock 08gt auto and was running 14.3-14.4's all night.

made me feel good about the 13.5x pass.

Either way, i had fun :) :nice:

You got it! The fun is all that matters. I was just making sure. I know that elevation matters, but I just heard that a GT with DRs alone can hit 13.2-13.3. Bit of an optimistic for a car with stock tires I understand.

God Bless,

Have you been to the "Mustang Challenge" races at Moroso? They have several
05+ GTs stock running mid 13's and particularly a Red 06 Auto that runs 13.50's @ 102 with 2.0 60' on stock tires.