New bests 95 AODE Deeeeeep 11's

SmokinGT50 said:
I am not sure about all applications, but for the most part you don't want a real loose converter on the bottle. You don't say what stall you are running now. I just thought I would throw my 2 cents out there. Great times though

I had a 3200 PI stall and now i have a 3800 pi stall.. I don't know why but i have not recieved any updates to this thread until TODAY :shrug:

With a lockup convertor you can run a much more aggressive stall speed.. My car currently get over 20 mpg on the road and over 16 around town..

• Sponsors (?)

zoma said:
Hey Bigtony, have a few ?'s for you.

I remember reading about some problems you were having with the rev limiter that comes on AODE cars. Did you ever run at the track with the 3:73's and the stock rev limiter?

Just wondering as I will be running the juice at the track this year, and I wondering if my next mod money would be better spent on getting rid of the rev limiter, as opposed to buying a new torque convertor.

Well i would really say you need to do both.. I never ran with the 3.73
s at the track.. The reason you need to do both.. The stock converter is very weak and they claim at more than about 5500 they will start to baloon.. This is supposedly the reason the rev limiter is so low on auto applications witha aode..

SmokinGT50 said:
The rev limiter is no different between an AODE and a 5speed. From what I understand the problem with the AODE is that it shifts electronically based on a Speed sensor, Vehicle Load and RPM. So when you change to a 3.73 gear it will hit the rev limiter before it completes the shift. This can all be fixed with any "chip"

You must be smoking something :bs: .. The aode rev limit is at 5500 rpm.. PERIOD..
:owned:

LOL

stangboy said:
:jaw: :eek: DAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your car must have full drag suspension or something. Either that or that's one hellafied JMS chip. What kind of drag radials are you running? Nittos or BFGs? What size rims are they one? 15x10 with some 335 BFGs? those times are amazing. I knew a set of AFR 165 would be all I need. And I have and edelbrock intake and I will have a plate system when I get nitrous. I plan to spray 150 shot. You must have ported the $h!t out of the Cobra intake and did some extra porting on those AFRs. So, tell us....whats the WHOLE story on your car??????? I gotta know!!!PLEASE!!!

Well i am a regular poster on Corral and dfw.. I don't know what happened but i have never recieved any updates to this thread until today xmas day 03 :shrug:

The car has a stock unported cobra intake.
UNported afr 165's
BFG 275/50/15's
Car make 300 at the wheels on motor and a little over 400 on the bottle..

THE track was flat hooking that day.. I have nothing suspension wise except a custom posi rebuild by me and a set of 90/10 struts and subframe connectors..

It has since been a 12.90 with me driving on motor and a 12.66@109 with my wife driving.. I loosened the converter and put a set of longtubes and a dr gas x pipe on the car.. I have not gotten it to hook a dead hook again on the bottle but it has been a 11.35@121 recently.. Unless something falls thru though i have the car sold supposed to meet saturday..

oh and for anyone interested the car weighed in at 3635lbs with me in it onthe days those passes were ran.. I weigh in at 355lbs..approx..

To think i started this build and sold a low 10 second car just because a ls1 dumbazz told me i couldn't outrun him in a aode 302 mustang... BOY did he find out he waswrong..

94GTLaserRC said:
I keep telling people that you dont HAVE To HAVE a new cam, esp with these finicky computers, to run good times.(I think new Roller rockers are sufficient) Im hoping with my AODE to get in the mid 12's with the blower, power pipe, intake, MAM, and PA Torque converter all coming in MARCH, added to my current mods. (see sig)

Thanks
RC

WWHHHAAATTT!!! You mean you're ditching the Stallion???? Tell me it's not true.....

BIGTONY26 said:
You must be smoking something :bs: .. The aode rev limit is at 5500 rpm.. PERIOD..
:owned:

LOL
There are some variations, not every AODE got the same computer in 94/95. On a related note ... the 5-speed GT computer is 7000 RPM :eek:, as if the motor would survive trying to see that RPM. The Cobra computer is 6250.

Dave

AODe EECIV

HairyCanary said:
There are some variations, not every AODE got the same computer in 94/95. On a related note ... the 5-speed GT computer is 7000 RPM :eek:, as if the motor would survive trying to see that RPM. The Cobra computer is 6250.

Dave

Dave,
As I understand it there were two versions, T4M0 and W4H0. The W version was the high alt prg version. I've never set down w/my Tweecer and did a complete side by side comparison of the two. Also the 94/95 Cobras has the J4J1 tune which is a great base for bolt on modified GTs.
Wayne

GTWayne said:
Dave,
As I understand it there were two versions, T4M0 and W4H0. The W version was the high alt prg version. I've never set down w/my Tweecer and did a complete side by side comparison of the two. Also the 94/95 Cobras has the J4J1 tune which is a great base for bolt on modified GTs.
Wayne
Wayne, Vib and I may be calling you tomorrow.

If we dont, then look for our pics of the work done tomorrow!
RC

unclejackrock said:
WWHHHAAATTT!!! You mean you're ditching the Stallion???? Tell me it's not true.....

AND he might end up regretting that,, on a side not i heard a pretty reliable rumor the other day that PA was getting PI to build their converters now :nice:

SO if that is true he will still get a "stallion"

HairyCanary said:

Dave

I should have qualified that by saying that was true for all aode equipped 94-95's with a U4P0!! WHich is in my car..

GTWayne said:
Dave,
Wayne

If memory serves me correct the w4h0 also has a 5500 rpm rev limit.(slept a few nights since then) I tried a different calibration aode computer when i was trying to find a "factory" computer that would not freak out with a wide ratio gear set in the trans.. It still was wacky so i ended up going back to a standard gear set and forgetting about the wide ratio version..