New black chrome 18's feel rough got some questions?

swl987

May 6, 2004
Cleveland,Oh
I just drove for the first time on my new wheels and tires(black chrome saleens with 265/35/18 and 295/35/18) The tires are BF KD's My old wheels were the stock bullitts with 245/45/17 gator backs.My steering wheel is vibrating and the ride is rougher. I expect the ride to be rougher but how rough is what i'm asking. Just wanted to know some of your experiences with going from stock to 18's.I called the place that mounted my tires and they say they balanced out right but there is about 10 to 15 quarter ounce weights just on the outside part of the wheels. I'm going to take them back to have the balance checked as soon as I get the new key to my wheel locks that broke. What do you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

I had tires put on my Mazda 3 a couple of months ago, they had to balance them 3 times before the vibration went away on the steering wheel. Everytime it was a different speed band that would make the wheel vibrate. I don't know if it was the techs, but each time a different guy did it. The last guy was the owner of the shop and they were dead on.

It's diffenitely a ballance issue, plus BFG's do ride a little rough. I have 18's on the wifes car, but with Nitto's, and it rides better than stock, of course those were Goodyears. I would have them rebalanced and get a good alignment and you should be fine.