New car, need some help.

91georgiapony

Nov 30, 2009
I just bought a 1991 Mustang LX hatch with a 2.3 and a 5 speed. I was wondering if there is an aluminum drive shaft available for my set up. Also, the car needs a complete exhaust system put on it. I plan on turbo-ing (is that a word lol) it in the future, so I am gonna track down a ranger header to replace my stock manifold and have somebody hang an exhaust on it. What do yall suggest as a muffler. I won't be putting the cat back on and will probably keep it around 2.25-2.5 inches. And, is putting a ranger header on it a waste of time, I mean it has to be some improvement, even if all it does is shave a few pounds off. Back to the muffler, I dont expect it to sound like a V8, but I do want it to have the deepest, most "baritone" note possible. I am kind of partial to the subaru/porche "burble", is there anyway to replicate that tone that any of yall know of or point me to the right link. I hate that "fart can" sound, I would rather have it quiet than sound like that. Thank you all for your time.

• Sponsors (?)