New CAR!!! NEW Member!!! Asian!!! PLEASE YOU MUST READ THIS!!!

yeah they are iron gt-40 heads but not P heads they are original cobra heads. not aluminum i didn't want to pay $1000 for the alum one's and i like the strong iron ones!!!
that's what they came with originally so i am doing exactlly that.

AND TO FAIFONG my rims looks ricey TAKE A LoOK AT YOUR NAME!! YOUR NAME LOOKS and SOUNDS RICEY. and stop saying "RICEY" YOU ALL EAT RICE TOo. FOOLS!!!! LOL rice with some soy sauce mmmmm they are so good yum...

• Sponsors (?)

AND TO FAIFONG my rims looks ricey TAKE A LoOK AT YOUR NAME!! YOUR NAME LOOKS and SOUNDS RICEY. and stop saying "RICEY" YOU ALL EAT RICE TOo. FOOLS!!!! LOL rice with some soy sauce mmmmm they are so good yum...[/QUOTE]

LOL OK JUST MY OPINION DONT GET BUTTHURT CHOW YUN FAT:D

BIG MISTAKE!!!

I might have made a HUGE mistake....

first does 94-95 cobra gt-40 heads fit on 87-93 5.0 block?????

second will 24lbs injectors and 73mm maf will work without calibrating my CPU????

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT THIS!!!!! NOW!!!!!

TO: faifong: i was just kidding about the riceness....:)

hollywoodstang said:
yeah they are iron gt-40 heads but not P heads they are original cobra heads. not aluminum i didn't want to pay $1000 for the alum one's and i like the strong iron ones!!!
that's what they came with originally so i am doing exactlly that.

AND TO FAIFONG my rims looks ricey TAKE A LoOK AT YOUR NAME!! YOUR NAME LOOKS and SOUNDS RICEY. and stop saying "RICEY" YOU ALL EAT RICE TOo. FOOLS!!!! LOL rice with some soy sauce mmmmm they are so good yum...

Iron's not only strong, it's heavy. Don't expect your combo to crack 260 rwhp. Which is likely good for low 13's in a regular street car.

And do not use a 73mm maf, that means it's a c&l and they are garbage.
Get a 75mm pro m or pas, maybe even an 80mm.

Computer never needs to be flashed or chipped. It's the meter that does. The c&l comes with a tube, but it's inaccurate. The pro m or pas comes with a calibrated sensor on it.

Thanks

oh...i didn't know that and you are RIGHT they are c&l....LOL

and isn't 80mm too much for my car yet??? i am not supercharged or turboed

i was thinking about running c&l 73mm with 24lbs injectors but why is C&L garbage?
i paid good money for those and people said it's good....is it a bad combo? let me know.

P.S:how much horse are you making? and i like your car...it's very clean

lots of stuff cost lots of $$$$$

hollywoodstang said:
HI. i am new to this site and i just bought my 1st mustang about 1 1/2 months ago to see what all the buzz are all about mustangs. I only had import cars my whole life.
(i am an asian)
and i raced lot of them and beat few mustangs.

I know that mustang can be fast if you do it right and get the right traction set up but me jumping into mustangs is really a suprise(my roommate got me into mustang about 3 months ago and i just went out and bought one.

I traded my 93 RX-7 turbo (it had blown motor but the dealer didn't know HAHA. beacuse even though rotary engine blows it still runs...shhhhh) and sold my civic hatchback to some kid in california)to get his car!!!:lol:

Anyways when i first bought this car it was a drag car. and of course i am turing it into street car. please note that this is my 1ST mustang and i will do stupid things to this car(me being an asian i am already looking for HKS and TRUST parts for my MUSTANG LOL!!they don't have any),:shrug:
But it's really fast to start off with,
I am going to list everything i have done so far in a month to this car and everthing that i took out from this car in a month and i am still restoring this car currently and my parts are arriving daily.(Interior to exterior to performance parts)

My goal is to be in a MODIFIED MUSTANG MAG FRONT PAGE and i have been in import magazines about 8 times with my old cars front to back.
so here goes:
IN: Gt-40 heads $400
cobra intake with 65mm throttlebody $400
cobra roller rockers and cam $300
Msds controller to stall converterer to wires to dist(came with the car)
NOS system w/purge kit(came with the car)
BBK cold air induction kit $200
Basanni headers $200
custom flowmasters w/3inch exhaust outlet slash cut pipe(TIP) $400
new pullys (came with the car)
Full saleen kit from cervinis $700
Heat exit winshield cowl duct $50
cervini's heat exit hood $600
Laser engraved cobra door handles $150
koni shocks 2 way adjust $700
Intrax lowering springs custom painted cherry burgandy $400
Volk racing GT-AV Gunmetal wheels 17x9 all around(i know what you are thinking,i had to go and get japanese wheels....but these look really good!!):flag:
Full leather interior(black)
New headliner(black)
New door panels(black)
Almost all new freaking interior(black)!!! i didn't know mustang interior costed this much!!! it's a rip off or highway robbery.:bang:
Rear seat delete from guy on ebay.

Outs:
70mm edleblock throttlebody (ok i installed the stock cobra 65mm throttle body and took this out am i dumb you ask me? i have no idea give me some advice) :eek:
edleblock performer intake bottom and top
K&N cold air intake
stock heads
company unknown cam(may be stock but i doubt it)
company unknown roller rockers(may be stock but i doubt it)
WELD drag lites all 4 with 2 skinnies front and 2 beefs in the back(LOL)
All the gray interior(well almost)
Lakewood drag shocks 90/10 all 4
eibach drag springs (i think this spring makes the car higher J/K)
All the factory stereo systems
stock mirrors
stock wing
stock door handles

WELL.....that's all so far in a MONTH.:nice: So you will see how much i can do with in 6 month. i will be finish with the car within 6 month painted and ready.:eek:
I will try to post some pictures evertime i do more modifications.
AND all the parts that i took out from the car....
IT's ALL FOR SALE (DIRT CHEAP!!!!! if you are looking for DRAG set up let me know and i will hook you up!!!!!):jaw:
I am currently working on getting 5 lug conversion set. i am not sure if i should go sn95 cobra parts or just get steeda's 5 lug conversion sets for $460.
tell me what i should do to my car and email me. i am trying to meet some cool people in here who knows alot about mustangs....KEEP IN MIND that i am doing all these by myself!!! MY OTHER ASIAN FRIENDS DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WORK ON THIS CAR(but i think it's really easy....it's a ford. everyone knows how to work on fords...don't they?!)but my roommate does know a little bit(he is from kentukey LOL):lol:

So please let me know if you are selling cobra brakes 13inch and calipers and spindles, sn95 ball joints, rear axles, rear disc set ups. i want to get the front brakes done ASAP.
thanks and wish me luck. you can always EMAIL ME to see what part i need and i will buy it from you if i need that part and if it's in great condition. i do not buy junks!!! if you want the TOP dollars from me CLEAN IT UP AND SELL IT TO ME OR REPAINT IT AND SELL IT TO ME. i will pay top dollars for show pieces. thanks Email me @: [email protected]

Yes i was the ricer you guys bashed on usually but i am asian american not a FOB.
I watch nascar races and i own street bike and a hog both.
I still like imports but i love the american muscle cars ever since i was a little kid
It doesn't matter what kind of car you drive american or import we are all car nuts and that's the beauty of it....and i am not a kid i am 30 years old and one of my good friend who is thai owns mustang service center in california and he restores old mustangs 60's. so just letting you guys know we do not hate american cars....we love it and there is nothing like it!!!
at least i think so.thanks.
dude so like what do you do for a living so i can switch jobs cause your droppin lots of cash on cars

NO FREAKING JOKE MAN........i thought i bought all the right parts but some people say different. but it's good that they are guiding me in a right direction.

and for the C&L i will return it and get the 80mm pas or whatever(i have to ask the sales guy) and i will try to return the 24lbs injectors they are from ford. i think they said sales are final but i didn't use it yet so i think i can...

i am in entertainment business.

if you don't like your job quit and find something you like doing.

when your hobby becomes a JOB....it's not hobby anymore....

Definitely get the Pro M/PAS MAF like XP8 said calibrated for your injectors. Your rims were okay to me, so if they make them happy then keep them.
I would agree with selling those iron 40's on corral or ebay, and then spend the $ on TFS or AFR's. It will be worth it and take your further. you won't have to buy new heads when you toss on that power adder later.

Give me some heads

ok.... so where do i get these TFS or AFR heads and how much are they?

and what does TFS's and AFR's stand for? and what is SBF heads.....

i am getting really confused here!!!!:shrug: all i knew was gt-40 heads and i thought they were the best...i guess i was totally wrong....:(

and how about them aluminum gt-40X heads.:eek:

what are all the difference in all these heads????::eek:

tell me please....thanks..:nice:

ok... i went to look for AFR heads and TFS heads and i found out that there are many many kinds!!!.........................................i can't do this by myself....i have to go talk to arron at stangwerks before i get into this kind of mess....it's getting too difficult for me to understand...at this point. and they are over $2k...... i don't want to spend that much....yet!
thanks guys

hollywoodstang said:
ok... i went to look for AFR heads and TFS heads and i found out that there are many many kinds!!!.........................................i can't do this by myself....i have to go talk to arron at stangwerks before i get into this kind of mess....it's getting too difficult for me to understand...at this point. and they are over $2k...... i don't want to spend that much....yet!
thanks guys
get the tfs twisted wedge heads with a tfs stage one cam you wont be disappointed. the other tfs heads have bigger chambers,which on a small build up like yours wont be all that great the high ports and the track heat heads are more for blower turbo or big stroker motors with a stock block you can go wrong with the twisted wedges

thats my .02 but iam sure there are other opinions out there

thanks for the heads up:) but do you know how much that tfs heads will cost? and what if i want to go turbo later on this year??? should i get better heads to start off with? or you think i can pull it off with this tfs heads you are talking about....
and how much does this TFS heads cost? i wanna know. thanks

TFS Twisted Wedge heads are bout $1100-1200+/- and some tax.They also have the Track Heat heads for a little more,same heads,better valve springs and retainers.

These heads are great,will be enoguh for anything you want to do,plenty of material for porting later and such.

Also,the AFR 165/58cc chamber heads are good (1.90/1.60 valves) for shock short block combos,but I would lean toward the TFS heads.

Leo, shoot me a call tomorrow at the office around 11:00 am or so if possible. i'll give you my cell number then and we can set something up at the shop this week or talk more about tech advice.

ARRON

I was thinking about heading down there early in the morning due to i gotta go to work tomorrow evening at 6:30pm. so i will let you know tomorrow morning. or i will call you at the shop.