New Classic Mustang Owner-- What to do??

BlownGT92

Founding Member
Apr 7, 2002
Des Moines
So after owning 15 or so mustangs from 92-05's, I decided to go classic on my next ride since I have decided to get one to keep around for many years to come. I am a huge restomod fan and started my search for a mostly rust free coupe to start with. I found a clean 69 coupe with a 351C in it that already had the TCP front coil over system, ssbc 4 piston power front disc swap, and the tcp power rack. At this point I am pretty thrilled after I purchasing it since it was such a good platform to start with and has very very minimal rust. After getting it home I decoded the vin and come to find out it is a S-code big block car. I did some research and I guess that there were only 858 S-code coupes produced in 69 so it is pretty rare. My dilemma now is if I do my restomod idea, am I ruining a car that potentially would be worth something some day?

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't get too hung up on the car originally having a 390 in it. While it may be worth slightly more than a car that came with a 351, it's not exactly Barrett-Jackson material, especially since it's a coupe. Build what you want and don't worry too much about the car as an investment, it sucks all the joy out of the car.