Drivetrain New Clutch Recommendations?

Hey, how is everyone doing today? I just got my second foxbody 2 weeks ago and going from a slow jeep to a fast car, i was being a little reckless. I did some burnouts and dumped the clutch to show off, and now i have to pay for it. My clutch is slipping very bad and i need a new one. I plan on putting a top end kit, most likely a trickflow and a tune in it. Nothing crazy, just want to beef it up a bit. Does anyone have any recommendations for a new clutch to put in? Maybe a heavier duty one like a ford racing stage 1 clutch? Or would I be fine with an oem replacement. Thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Hays 95-201 Street/Strip Clutch Kit 10.4" Ford, Spline: 1-1/6-10 | Northern Auto Parts
I ran this behind a good running stock motor, 5-6000k launches on slicks, power shifted. Flawless... scratched the slicks on every shift.
At the time the car was also my daily driver. Nice pedal, easy to modulate-as long as you are quick about it. If you are the type to hold a few revs and slooooowly let the clutch out it can chatter, if you snap a little rev and let the clutch out semi aggressive no chatter.
I went with this clutch because back in the day it was under $400 (cannot believe regular price is now $1000, so sale of $500 is crazy) and a friend was running one in his 10 second nitrous Capri cutting 1.30 60' times.
I figured if it could live in that environment I would get a long life out of it.
Sounds like you are going to be hard on it, get something that'll take it.

Last edited: