New Combo (PICS)

fiveo'cobra

Oct 7, 2004
SC
Welllll i got my new heads in today. They aren't those aweeesome Canfields i won on ebay a few weeks ago because the bastard ebayer prolly thought he could get more for them elsewhere and just never contacted me or sent them after i won the auction. Thank god i didn't send him the $1300 for them right away.

soooooo finally got a set of heads i think i'm going to stick with. Since i had to switch to stud mounts, i ordered some scorpion 1.72's with them.

Specs on the heads:
Edelbrock Performer RPM's---CNC ported and milled to 57cc.
2.02/1.6 valves
Triple valve springs
ARP head studs
valve job
Titanium retainers
10* locks etc

Just shooting the breeze.........was wondering what you guys think numbers and times would be normal for this combo with a good tune so i know what to shoot for. Rest of the combo is:

E cam
Ported cobra intake
longtubes
4:10's with beefy diff
555 DR's
allllllllllllllllll the bolt ons in suspension, drivetrain, engine, fuel, ignition, etc

Here are some pics btw:

DSC00650.jpg

View attachment 468248
DSC00644.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00650.jpg
    DSC00650.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00644.jpg
    DSC00644.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00642.jpg
    DSC00642.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Sponsors (?)

wytstang said:
With the E cam around 290rwhp +/-, with those heads I would look for a better cam. Those heads need a better cam to really perform the way they want to. Good luck...

Yea i know what you mean. I deff thought of that, but i jus can't go through the trouble and of switching cams every time i switch heads. Maybe in the near future if i'm not happy with it, but with those scorpion 1.72's i will be getting .540 lift on intake and exhaust so it shouldn't be too bad. I saw some user combos on the sticky running these heads in stock form (no port work) and a 2031 with an RPM intake making 310whp without all the bolt ons. So with a good tune i'm hoping for more than that.

Are those the newer heads or the old school ones?

My friend made 323rwhp with the newer ones (1.90 valve) on a 306 with a comp 270XE cam, TFS street manifold, 70mm tb, 30lb injectors, shorty headers. Heads had some bowl work, they were milled and had good springs.

Be sure to check p to v clearance with those inline 2.02 heads.

Welp heads are already on the car. PVC seems to be good.......clears really well. Just have to fiddle with adjusting the rockers a bit more and then i'll post some vids and pics.................my friend has a Nikon D50 SLR camera so those should turn out sweet. Can't wait.

All i need to do after is get the rest of my exhaust put on and get tune. Any suggestions on that? I want to get a chip and get it dyno tuned. I don't need a tuner because this is going to be my final combo on this car. I was thinking about buying a diablo chip off ebay for like $100 and taking it in. I know i need to:
-adjust a/f
-play with timing & fuel etc
-get rid of that timing retard in between shifts on the J4J1
-Get the fan to turn on sooner

Anything else?