New contest

Not yet.... It's a long story. The short version is that I've got a brand new DART stroker in there that still has some "issues" that need to be worked out. Oil leaks and knocking under one of the valve covers... still runs but I won't be able to tear it down to see what ails it until after I move. Not to mention that it's in DIRE need of a tune and the location I'm going doesn't have anything around. Just been a really long road to get to this point and have unknown issues in a vehicle that I can't drive.

Sure does suck the fun out of a new motor don't it?

• Sponsors (?)

ya know... I figured once this project was done that I'd be broke... but I'd have a kickass motor! So all that was required is enough money for gas and I'd be happy. What sucks is that now I'm broke and there's no motor. lol

So yeah... I gotta get this done soon or I'll die from a bleeding ulcer.

damn man, thats ridiculous that the dss built block couldnt stand up to that!!!! you have me worried. im gonna run 14psi om a built block and thought i had nothing to fear since the internals would be forged.

i see guys going much higher boost on built blocks....wtf!

sorry to hear this man, i wish you good luck with dss, let us know what they say.:nonono:

NO, the car runs great besides that sickening tap, tap, knock, knock. good oil pressure, no power loss. i dont know whats gonna happen right now though, yall have read about this car for the last year.. highs and lows.. but just more lows than need be. I will have it ore down and investigated and decide from there. if i do rebiuld it will be a VT big bore or not at all

want a fast car your gonna have to shell out some money. that is not where the problem is. its when the expensive parts that were made for one specific reason (to hold up to higher hp and boost) fail. that is where the problem is and money wasted....

if the parts perform the way they should its money well spent.

My 99 LE runs high 13's all the time, full exhaust, roush CAI, misc stuff, doing suspension and brakes now, but, hey, 111k on the clock now, still runs like brand new, and I win alot of races, but also for me it's driving that is fun, it's not all the car ya know. Anyways my '83 Capri this time next year should be in the tens, N/A, woot!! It can prob run low 12's right now on streets, freakin sick.

Anyways whatever happened to the motor???