New daily driver!!

CManT1914

Feb 5, 2004
Killeen, Texas
Well I've been talking and thinking about it a lot lately, and I finally went ahead and got it.

Sorry for the blurry picture, I didn't realize my lens was dirty.
516441_159_full.jpg

516441_160_full.jpg

516441_161_full.jpg

516441_162_full.jpg

516441_163_full.jpg

516441_164_full.jpg

It's my brother's old bike. He bought a new 05 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100, so he was wanting to sell this one. Since I've been wanting a bike anyway, I decided to scoop it up. I really want to get an R6, but I figure this will be a great bike to learn on, and a lot more forgiving than a sports bike. Plus, it won't go but 80mph, so it should keep me out of trouble, lol. Insurance is only gonna be $31 a month under my name. If we put it in my dad's name, it will be even cheaper. I'm gonna take an MSF course, so maybe that will give me a break too. THIS THING GETS 65+MPG!!! It's a lot of fun too. Anyway, just wanted to share my joy with you guys!

And what kind of thread would this be without these guys?

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Way Way Cool!

Way Way Fun!

Way Way Dangerous!

I had many of them things for years myself. Believe it or not, I used to make my living fixin them things, lol.

Congrats on the new ride but please........

Be Careful!

Grady

Very nice Chris. :nice: Wise choice for a first one (even if you only keep it for a little bit before trading up). Plastic is expensive after that first parking lot drop. :D

I would have said you could put some crash bars on there, but the downtubes are buried........

I gotta call Grady one of these days - we can chat bikes too. :D

that's a pretty awesome bike for a first. it's good to have you can learn on/bang up. i remember i dropped my friend's cbr sport bike. he had just painted it a couple days before and let me take it out for a ride. i rode down the street like a pro, but when it came time to turn, <<drop>>.

yeah, i felt like $hit after having dropped it, even though i was going like 3mph when it fell. i offered the guy money for the damage (wasn't that much--just a few small scratches), but i guess he kept his cool enough not to take it. he repainted the fairing a half-hour later and it was as good as new.

An R-1 would be a sweet bike. My friend just bought a kawasaki zx10 or something like that. Supposedly its the fastest bike out. If he offered me to try it out i would its scary looking. Btw did your ma take those pics and did you dress up before?

RsStanG1987 said:
An R-1 would be a sweet bike. My friend just bought a kawasaki zx10 or something like that. Supposedly its the fastest bike out. If he offered me to try it out i would its scary looking. Btw did your ma take those pics and did you dress up before?

I think the Busa is still the fastest bike out right now.

Yea my mom took the pics with me in them. I had just got back from riding and asked her to take a few. Dressed up? :shrug: