New daily driver...!!!!

Ozz

I think I have a problem here.
Founding Member
Jul 27, 2001
Canton, MI
My first choice was going to be a Mazda6 (couple years old) but people were wanting more than I felt they were worth - at least to me. So I figured if I was going to spend that, then what's another $X and I can get something...better!

So I opened up Fort Knox as they say and here is my new-to-me 03 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe. 1 owner, leather, sunroof, Carfaxed and clean, a couple minor body abrasions that I believe I can get out w/some of my products here (no dents, so that's easy), 5spd auto-stick, Bose system, CD w/changer, tape deck (wtf?), etc. All the goodies except Navi, but I have one already anyway.

I will have better pics when I take possession of course. I just couldn't wait to share.

pictures%20003.jpg

pictures%20002.jpg

pictures%20007.jpg

pictures%20009.jpg

c.jpg

"it's real powerful" says the salesman...because he doesn't know what I have in the garage! :nono:

I pick it up Monday and bring 'er back home. The rims will be swapped out. I'm not sure if these were factory options because I've seen pretty similar ones on the same cars before, or if they're aftermarket. Either way, I am putting stock sport coupe rims on it as soon as I can find some. Despite them being a little dirty the rest is spotless.

I also have a new job in the works, things went great when I met with them on Friday and from the sounds of it it's all a done deal except the handshake. Wish me luck on that :)

• Sponsors (?)

Beautiful ride. I've wanted a G35 for a couple years now. I may never end up geting one, but right now won't work because a 4 door is so much easier with my 2 year old daughter. Car seats are no fun in 2 doors :)

So what did you drive before the G35?

A 96 Neon which replaced a 98 Grand Am GT for my school commute. I don't mind spending money on certain things but when the GA was just another car to me I didn't see reason to spend an extra $60+ a month in gas vs. a 4-banger like the Neon. Not to mention I picked up the Neon for $150 thru a friend who took it on a trade (and it was mint with low miles! Just a slightly worn OD band which operated better the week after I bought it vs. when he showed it to me). Sold the GA, made a nice chunk, and dealt with it. A few dings and things later and I was totally sick of it and the occasional Stang ride wasn't cutting it anymore for my sanity.

I think my heart skipped a couple beats when I took the money out of the bank :(

I wanted the auto for daily operation, so it's all good. 6speed would be fun though!

Smooth lookin ride Dave. :nice:

Wait till 5L5 sees this - I think he'd pined over one of those for a DD at some point here.

:OT: I thought you had a newer truck?

You got the Neon for 150 bucks? Wow.

Nope, never had a truck. I wanted a 99-00 Lightning but didn't want to cry each time I visit the gas pumps. I finally got over that and nearly bought one, but it wasn't in tip-top shape.

Just FYI...there is a G35 sedan. :)
It's not nearly as attractive though as the coupe, in my opinion.

A guy in my Mustang club just picked up a sedan last week. It's got some body kit package I think, it looks really attractive. You can save an easy $6K by getting a sedan too, it sucked when shopping around and seeing the vast difference.

Good thing you didn't pay more.... you would have been ripped off :)

That's what I said :lol: But honestly this car has been one of the best running cars I've ever had. It's not comfortable though, so it's gotta go. Plus I dinged it up a bit and don't feel like fixing it up when I have no plans to keep it. A friend of mine needs a car as cheap as they can get, so they'll likely take this cheap and we both benefit from it.

Nice!!! I'm hoping in the next 2 years to get another late model mustang or something bigger with power so I can put even less miles on the fox.

Cool, going to modify the Fox once that happens? Before I found this I was looking for a stock/near stock Notchback but nothing came up in time. I was almost double-Stangin'

Congrats Dave...reallly nice car. See going up has it's perks ;) and that's a hell of a nice perk you got there.

Thanks man. Getting laughed at in the Neon, I can only take so much of it :rlaugh: Now my beater is nicer than most people's nice car. Sweet :cool:

"Cool, going to modify the Fox once that happens? Before I found this I was looking for a stock/near stock Notchback but nothing came up in time. I was almost double-Stangin'"

Dave, I'll probably leave it a 4 banger, not sure, but may let my 12 yr old in 4 years drive it. It would be a good safer slow car for him, but even my wife is like, you won't let him drive your baby. She is probably right, Its going to be tough with a one car garage deciding what goes into it :bang:

Smooth lookin ride Dave. :nice:

Wait till 5L5 sees this - I think he'd pined over one of those for a DD at some point here.

I still am. I love G35's....sedan or coupe :)

I can't decide if i want a coupe or sedan though. I'd love a 6MT coupe, but i got a new (better) job that is 25 miles away, so i really need something AWD for the winter vs a RWD sport coupe. Commuting in a 5-spd Mustang every day is....well, uncomfortable :(

I've been looking into 2006 G35x's w/ AWD. They are actually cheaper than the coupes of the same year. That's fine by me as i'm trying to find a loaded out one with Navi.

BTW, the sedans can be hot when done right. I'd do the cool mods, like sport spoiler, 19" wheels and the Brembo brakes off a 350Z/G35coupe6MT.

:drool:
View attachment 377100

I'll prob be seriously looking for it once fall rolls around. Right now i've gone and kicked the tires on a few.

Anyway, sorry to hijack. Nice ride Dave. Plenty of mods available for that chassis :)

BTW, if you haven't found it yet

http://www.g35driver.com/