New Dyno numbers after AF and Timing adjustment.

jordanvraptor

Founding Member
Aug 3, 2002
Oregon City, OR
Went to Torquefreaks today and spent an hour on the dyno adjusting the air to fuel ratio and advancing the timing. End result was improvement from 436/463 to 446/472. :nice:

Here is the dyno sheet from the dyno day.
attachment.php

Here is the best run of today. It seems to take a dive at around 4500-5000 rpms. I think it might be the MAF getting close to its limit. This seems to be the point where the maf voltage approaches 4.6-4.7 with a highest reading of 4.9 today at WOT around 6000 rpm. Maybe the tune thinks "hey he's breathing a lot of air, I better add tons of fuel..."

Toward the end of the session, I lost some power due to heat soak but I think the final adjustment will be as good or better than this dyno sheet cause the AF ratio is slightly better.
attachment.php

Thanks to Mike at Torquefreaks. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Air fuel ratio looks real good jordan, what pulley are you running, the 2.9 still?

As far as the MAF pegging at 450 hp, it doesnt seem likely unless something may be messed up in the tune. From what I have seen most people have been safe up to 525 hp, and even some up higher from that with some tuning adjustments. My A/F was in the mid 11's all the way across the board when I was making the 500/500, except this was with a diablo chip, it may have made some difference.

It seems that the chips perform better for these cars once you add enough bolt ons and want to take it to the next level after the basic pulley,exhaust,intake.. I have yet to see anyone making around the 500 mark on a predator or any hand held tuner. Something you might want to look into :nice:

Visceral said:
How is 10:1 the best AF ratio???

Car me crazy, but I'd be looking for 11.8-12.0

That's what we were looking for on all the runs but for some reason the car just kept going rich around 5k. Jordan managed to iron it out quite a lot but he was still having trouble for a few hundred RPM.

Jordan- Made a few calls and I'm waiting on some folks to get back to me. From the folks I did get to talk to, they all agree that the MAF is freaking out because it's so close to it's limit. I'll make some more calls Monday and let you know. Thanks again for coming in! It's always great to have V8's in the shop! HINT, HINT...

86strokerlx said:
That's what we were looking for on all the runs but for some reason the car just kept going rich around 5k. Jordan managed to iron it out quite a lot but he was still having trouble for a few hundred RPM.

Jordan- Made a few calls and I'm waiting on some folks to get back to me. From the folks I did get to talk to, they all agree that the MAF is freaking out because it's so close to it's limit. I'll make some more calls Monday and let you know. Thanks again for coming in! It's always great to have V8's in the shop! HINT, HINT...

I cannot remember if Jordan has cats or not but the reason the Af goes rich is to cool the cats , It can be changed but you risk overheating the cats!!

Jordan did you see 4.9 on the street or the dyno ? This makes a difference.

The maf will not freak only default to the fixed fuel and timing tables. usually the Maf will peg @ 500rwhp im shure without a ported blower you are not there but it is important that the tune you are runnig now has the scalers set to extend the maf to 4.99 instead of the 4.7 in the canned predator tune.

Save you current tune and send it to me i will turn that function off at your own risk. And i will extend the Maf values to 4.9.

Joe

Mods are as follows: JLT true cold air intake, Accufab throttle body, 2.75 pulley, NGK TR6 plugs gapped to .035, Predator tune, Magnaflow X pipe w cats, MAC 3 inch catback.

Joe, I measured a 4.90 MAF reading on the Dyno and a 4.93 last night at PIR. These readings are at around 6000 rpms. The readings at 4500-5000 are about 4.7. I saved the datalog of the PIR run and I will send you that and my current tune tomorrow.

Oh, my best time at PIR was 12.3 seconds @ 116 mph... :flag: My other runs were traction or talent limited but I still averaged 115 mph. This is an improvement of about 2 mph over my last tune.

Jordan just to share some info, I talked to a bunch of guys using the JLT true air intake and they got rid of them due to tuning issues. they did not want to post negative things about it online becuase they know the guy making them Something you might want to look into.