new dyno results on the sleeper :)

BOWTIEKILLR

Nov 26, 2005
we took our kb blown 85 gt to speedfreaks inc in tracy, ca for a tune with the new boost. when we got the car it has 316rwhp and 384rwtq on a DYNOJET with 5-7lbs of boost. here is the new dyno sheet with the larger lower pulley (about 9-11lbs) and tune on MUSTANG DYNO
babytdyno.jpg

we have this tune set for 91 octane, and have a glovebox mounted switch to run 100 octane and pick up 30ish hp. speedfreaks took care of us big time considering all of the work they did. the car runs awesome and is soooo responsive. here are some pics of the car
corral009.jpg

corral007.jpg

4eyes006.jpg

Attachments

• babytdyno.jpg
    babytdyno.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 50
  • corral009.jpg
    corral009.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 51
  • corral007.jpg
    corral007.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 4eyes006.jpg
    4eyes006.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Sponsors (?)

yeah...its an 89 motor and those are the only known mods. im pretty sure that the mustang dyno reads 12% lower than a dynojet. its about 353 rwhp and 427rwtq according to the 12% diff. needless to say we are pleased

the tow hitch stays. the previous owner is a close friend and he asked us of 1 thing when we bought it...leave the tow hitch. it will NEVER tow anything but it adds to the sleeper look. the blower is one of the first kenne bell blowers...not sure what year he got it but it is in amazing working condition. the motor has 30k on it and is smoother than any mustang i have ever driven. i cant wait to play with some ls1s and zo6s haha

cool combo, im really wanting to get a KB for my car. no offence though, but that engine bay would look a lot nicer if you spent an afternoon cleaning it. it can still be a sleeper and be clean :cool:

haha well its been gone for 5 weeks and even if it was here i wouldnt have the time for a while. we have 5 mustangs right now and every one of them is undergoing alot. hell...i have barely driven my car 20 minutes since my carb swap...a month ago. that was the motor when we got it about a year ago...its been cleaned up a bit since. ill spend a nice weekend coming up here touching stuff up

if i wanted to beat a zo6 vette, id get a comprable car. i.e. a terminator, ford gt. and anyways...who said i wanted to beat c6 zo6s? i was talking about c5s. im not that dumb those cars are friggin fast

No offense, but you still aren't going to beat it.

Anybody can buy a 5.0 and slap a KB on it too :)

Give the guy a break man...not everyone can go through the work and has the patience to carefully plan and build this kinda car...I mean the switch from carb to fuel injection isn't the easiest thing to do for most people...I would say this is one hell of a car and even if it can't handle a c6 z06 in a drag race it will get alot more appreciation from me...Good work man!!!

Give the guy a break man...not everyone can go through the work and has the patience to carefully plan and build this kinda car...I mean the switch from carb to fuel injection isn't the easiest thing to do for most people...I would say this is one hell of a car and even if it can't handle a c6 z06 in a drag race it will get alot more appreciation from me...Good work man!!!

I'm not trying to bust his balls. But he also said "any schmuck can go buy a brand new C6Z." I dunno about you, but I can't drop nearly 80k to buy one, can you?

I have a lot of respect for the car. It is a sleeper. I hate the tow hitch, but he says it isn't going. That's his decision. I love the Kenne Bell though. Ultimate sleeper, until he steps on it.