New Dyno #s

03yellowvenom said:
Thanks Ben, actually i'm happy with the power wright now.I'm more concerned about getting into the 11's next year and with the extra power it should be within reach, plus i've got a really safe tune so it puts my mind at ease ,we could of got 500RWP pretty easy by just putting my 2.76 pulley on and or a leaner air/fuel ,but I didnt want to be on the ragged edge, my car is for the track,"for fun"car shows and a daily driver so I think i've got a good balance of power and dependability:nice:

Well said Ed! You could make the 500 mark, but 500 and 494 are the same to me...whip off an 11.80 pass next yr and you'll be in your own class. Forget hp digets, put the DR's on and watch the 11's shine bright in the summer's wind :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

gospeedgo said:
Have you seen Jesse's A/F numbers from that tune? OMFG lean!

Eds tune right now is VERY safe...maybe wick her up a bit next year for racing:)

(Looking at the actual dyno sheet.....
On the run that I made 500/500 on), my air fuel ratio was way out of whack, it dipped into the 11's, and finished at 12.5 using a tail pipe sniffer, so actually it was probally a little richer, not what I would call 'OMFG lean' but not necessarily the the ultimate safest tune. Keep in mind this was the first run the car made on the dyno.

On the second run, the tunes were switched, and the car made 498/499,(easily would have hit 500/500 if it was the first run due to heatsoak), and my a/f ratio was about a rich as you could get, keep in mind the graphs that you may be looking at are in a/f vs speed (not RPM), so it is a little misleading. It was actually in the 10's and ended up low 11's.

A tune change was made yet again after that to smooth out the a/f ratio across the entire RPM band at about 11.2. That was what I had on the street and made my last pull at the dyno day where i put out 492/49- something. Safe as hell, and the car is still running strong by the new owner. Krazy Koncepts hooked me up good.

Im sure Eds happy where he is for now, and thats all the matters :nice:

SonicBSnake said:
Looking at the actual dyno sheet.........

Ahhh...my bad. We were curious and scoped out one of the sheets they had stored and it was pretty lean (I dont remember it going richer than 13!), but we didnt look at all of them, just a couple to see what you made for HP/Torque.

gospeedgo said:
Ahhh...my bad. We were curious and scoped out one of the sheets they had stored and it was pretty lean (I dont remember it going richer than 13!), but we didnt look at all of them, just a couple to see what you made for HP/Torque.

Not a problem, Im sure there may be some bad runs, we were trying a bunch of different tunes the first day the Apten was on there just to get it safe enough to drive until a proper tune could be done.

gospeedgo said:

That's what you get for trying to spy on all our tunes. We only let TQFreaks save the sheets that we want you to see. Sometimes we even photoshop the graphs just to keep you guys wondering. :D No more crazy peak/valley graphs like on that Apten since the Revolution softare is up and running like a champ now.
Remember that with their sniffer on there it will show at least .5 leaner that what it really is. This is why some cars live on there when it looks like the a/f should have killed the engine. Like the WS6 that our customer wanted us to take down there that he installed and tuned. The riches that ran was 16.0.
:bang: The funny thing is that there were no big bangs.

Jon said:
Are you going to run some slicks or ET Streets Ed?
We want to see the wheels off the ground when you launch! :)
:D Jon, That would be kool!! I think im going to run my nitto DRs, there kinda worn from last year, to many smoke shows :rolleyes: .But i'll try them again one more time and see if they hook up, if not ET Streets might be fun.I think it will be hard to find 15inch slicks that will fit on the Cobra because of the rear brakes but im not sure. :nice: :flag:

I just remembered, for the longest time they couldn't put 15's on the IRS cars because the wheel interfered with one of the nuckles. Not sure if anyone's gotten it to work yet or not. Worst case they make 16" and 17" ET-streets and good drag radials that will work well.

Any time you want to give it a try and see if they'll fit you're welcome to swing by and test mine Ed.

WaterPog said:
I just remembered, for the longest time they couldn't put 15's on the IRS cars because the wheel interfered with one of the nuckles. Not sure if anyone's gotten it to work yet or not. Worst case they make 16" and 17" ET-streets and good drag radials that will work well.

Any time you want to give it a try and see if they'll fit you're welcome to swing by and test mine Ed.
Thanks Eric!! I think my nitto Drs are toast they wernt hooking up good towards the end of year, but it might of been the weather.Now with a little more power I need some new stickys, maybe those ET-streets will work, I just really dont wanna run spacers :nice:

03yellowvenom said:
Thanks Eric!! I think my nitto Drs are toast they wernt hooking up good towards the end of year, but it might of been the weather.Now with a little more power I need some new stickys, maybe those ET-streets will work, I just really dont wanna run spacers :nice:
You dont know what toast nittos look like, yours are still fine believe me :D

sn98gt said:
hehe sorry I couldnt resist... santa gave me everything I asked for :D money! :nice:
No Worries, for a second I thought I lost my biggest fan :rolleyes: at least now I know when your watching me at the track your looking for more than tire smoke :nonono: , hopefully your wish wont come true when im doing 120MPH.Anyway Santa was Good to you this year but i'm sure he's already began his list for next year :p :D