New Edge(1999-2004) Mustang Owners with 20" + Wheels!

Novanutcase

Oct 21, 2007
I'm looking to buy some wheels for my 2003 GT that I'm putting a Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box Kit on that will lower it 1 1/2" - 2 inches. For the track I'm going to run 17" wheels with some BFG R1's but for street I'd like to run 20" + wheels. Can you post a pic of your ride with them on and some tire/wheel specs along with any suspension mods you've done like lowering the car?

Thanks 'Stang Brothers!

John

• Sponsors (?)

I'm looking to buy some wheels for my 2003 GT that I'm putting a Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box Kit on that will lower it 1 1/2" - 2 inches. For the track I'm going to run 17" wheels with some BFG R1's but for street I'd like to run 20" + wheels. Can you post a pic of your ride with them on and some tire/wheel specs along with any suspension mods you've done like lowering the car?

Thanks 'Stang Brothers!

John

I will post a few pics of stangs on 20+ wheels....I agree that anything above 19" look horrible on any stang thats not an s197....Just get some 18's & call it a day....

Your headed in the right direction with the MM grip box because its a good kit, but I dont think 20+ wheels are gonna do to good on a lowered car....Probably gonna rub... Not to mention it makes them look like a Tonka toy or a Micro Machine....

Stangupfam10-14-07-13.jpg

08180718501.jpg

8fe6abb5.jpg

I know this aint a 99-04, but this one takes the cake!!!! Look @ the chopped fender lips!!!! LOL!!!!

2292344_2_full.jpg
[/IMG]

Attachments

• Stangupfam10-14-07-13.jpg
    Stangupfam10-14-07-13.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,569
  • 08180718501.jpg
    08180718501.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 27,736
  • 8fe6abb5.jpg
    8fe6abb5.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 34,302
OMFG!:eek:

Every one but the first pic looks HORRIBLE!!!! If they dropped the first one a couple inches it would look pretty cool!

I just want to really fill the wheel wells when I'm just cruising it! I saw a pic of a black GT with 22's in the back and 20's in front that actually looked good but it was dumped pretty good!

John

I can't get the pic off my phone for some reason but I took the picture of some dude's car because 20" rims look bad, very bad. Kinda cartoonish but yet still ghetto. I realize this is only my opinion and if you really like that rim size you should run it, but just be prepared because not many people share your style. At least not many people on this site.
I may be wrong and I hope some people can post some pics for you.

the other reason not to do it is because they are HEAVY!!

and another reason is no one makes 20's specifically for our cars, the offset is all wrong and they're way too narrow. not to mention they all look like trash buy hey, it's your car

that said, go for it. it sets your car apart from the rest of them:nice:

i don't know about about everyone else, but i always encourage people to throw 20's, altezza's, lambo doors, body kits, neons, etc. on their cars. makes mines look 10x better by comparison

I would comment on how narrow minded and stupid your comments were but after reviewing my first post I'm the dumbass for posting the 20 + so, sorry, I should have been more clear! What I really meant was 18" - 20". I like to road race the car so, as I mentioned in my first post, I'm finally going to modify the suspension so that I can have the car handle better. Part of that will be Bilstein HD's and Hypercoil springs which will lower the car around 1 1/2". I like a cruiser with the wheel wells filled out and 20's seem to do the trick when you lower the GT so I'm trying to get someone to post a pic so I can see what they will look like. I think some of the all chrome wheel styles in 20" look too big but I plan on doing some polished or brushed hoops with blacked out centers!

On the track with 17's!

shoppics9-25-2007053.jpg

20's and 22's(Not my car but for how big the wheels are I thought he pulled it off!)

20front22backstang.jpg

John

Attachments

• shoppics9-25-2007053.jpg
    shoppics9-25-2007053.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 634
  • 20front22backstang.jpg
    20front22backstang.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 22,764