New Emblem Question

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
I scored some of the "302" emblems today (like Low-5.0 has, I think). Bought them from a friend for $5, lol. I will try to get a pic up in a few minutes. I was just wondering .... how can I make these things look new again. I was thinking about just using some of my new Mother's Back to Black on the black part .... but what can I do about the shiny part? Is there some kind of paint that I can get to make them look new again?

EDIT: here is a pic. You can't really tell what I'm talking about in the pic, but they look a little rough. The chrome part looks faded and has a few tiny scratches. I want them to be in tip-top shape if they go on my car.

View attachment 485210

• Sponsors (?)

I love the 302's. I've got them on my 92 coupe. Mine have been on there about 5 yrs now, and I'm having the same issue...my black is slightly faded as well. I'm not sure what can be done about it; hope someone has a good solution so I can fix mine too!:D

Well, I tried the good old soap & water. It brought the black out pretty good .... but I'm gonna finish it off with the Mother's B2B. I just need to figure something out on the shiny part. Polishing it up isn't gonna do what I want. It has some really tiny scratches that I want gone, so I need to repaint it with something.

Nacho, I think I seen them in the CJ Pony Parts catalog for $19.99.

Yeah, the numbers are raised ... so they're not flush. That's what I plan on doing, but I just don't know what to paint it with. I hear that Kentucky chrome (chrome rattle can) is not so hot & that it turns out to be like aluminum or silver. :shrug: