new engine setup deal. any good?

88GT4u2nv

Nov 18, 2004
Wa
well i now have my 89 lx, and am itching to get some stuff done. a buddy of mine told me he had some stuff he could do for me.

includes:
30,000k short block
gt-40 iron heads
saleen upper and lower intake

says he will install this and some other stuff im supplying him with for about $1300 bucks. in addition im having him install an e-cam, 190 fuel pump and 24lb injectors.This sound like a good deal? and also is the saleen intake any good? And finally what kind of numbers can i expect from this setup?:shrug:
thanks for the help guys.

• Sponsors (?)

So does he have the assembled engine he is going to put in your car? And you already own the cam and fuel parts? Sounds a little steep to me for being your "buddy". I woulod say just come up to my garage, but mine is already tore down and taking up that space.

if it's done right and all the small important details are attended to, i would say it's a fair price since it will last you a while. as far as the saleen intake, i've never had any experience, but since saleens are excellent tuner cars i would think it is defintely a well built item. i think you will see a much more noticable difference in torque than you would in horsepower. if you still have the stock 2.73 gears this would be a great time to take advantage of the situation and put some better gears in the arse end. lotsa torque plus tall gears = crazy burnouts.