New Engine & Suspension Combo

I bought a 98 4V motor that I sold the 4V heads and few other items and just kept the shortblock. So I now have a lighter Teskid aluminum block for my future build. With lighter aluminum block with 2cc dish pistons my CR will be 11.75-12:1.

The heads were Stage I ported and 1mm larger Crower intake valves and Crower stock exhaust valves (Thanks VT). The reason behind keeping the exhaust valve the same was I'm staying NA and to help keep higher velocity in the cc.

I purchased VT Stage II cams. I bought Manley Nextek valve springs to handle the 7000rpm shifts this year & .600 lift (Thanks again VT).

I'm switching over to a Accufab Upper Plenum and a 75mm TB to help get as much air into the stock plastic intake as possible.

I added a Moroso 7qt oil pan and Canton Windage Tray. I put on a Cobra High Volume oil pump. The LT headers and o/r H-Pipe are staying but I'm adding Flowmaster Mufflers with dumps. Should sound killer with one chambers Keeping the March SFI UD harm. balancer pulley and Water Pump UD pulley. I'm going to get it tuned using 94 octane for the street and 100-104 for the strip.

I have already mention to Scott at VT, next year build will be a BB 305 NA motor One of the reason for getting the aluminum block this year. So basically I went backwards this year going back to stock internals but I think it was a good choice since I really want to do a 2V 305 BB motor. If I run 12.2-12.3's this year I'll be happy.

I completely changed my suspension this year. Since my car basically a bracket car I decide to go hardcore.

The rear suspension:
I installed UPR Pro Series Chromoly Adjustable Lower Control Arms Kit and UPR Radius Rod Adjustable Upper Control Arms and Spherical Bushing Kit. I also installed UPR Pro Series Chrome-moly Adjustable Anti-Roll Bar kit with bearings. So the rear suspension is setup to handle 8's without any issues. For rear shocks I went with Strange 10 way adjustable shocks. I have to get my UPR Upper/Lower Torque Box Kitinstalled to make sure they do not rip on me since I no longer have bushings on the control arms. Rear springs are Bullitt springs with 3/4 of a coil cut off.

The front suspension:
I installed last year a PA Racing Tubular K-Member. This year I added tubular control arms and UPR front coilover kit with 14" tall 150lb springs. I'm using Strange 10 way adjustable struts with the coilovers. I installed UPR 4 bolt caster/camber plates to handle the coilover load.

We will see how much this suspension modding will help with the new engine combo. Just thought I would share my progress so far.

• Sponsors (?)