New from MI, 302 Swapped Merkur Xr4ti

302Xr4ti

Mar 15, 2010
So I just picked up a 302 swapped carb'd Xr4ti this week. It has an overheating issue that I need to figure out(think it is simple like coolant cap) and replace the heater core, but I can't wait to get her fixed and take it for a spin.

I'm new to Carb's, been a 2.3T efi guy for years now and always wanted a 302 Xr4ti. So if I ask any questions that seem extremely newbie like, lol, that is why!

Jason

• Sponsors (?)

I'll get some pics up this weekend. Actually not picking the car up until Friday evening, but already trying to figure out issues at hand with it! I think now the overheating problem is the previous owner deleted smog and a/c and didn't do anything to route the belt so the water pump spins in the correct direction!

My friend went over and looked at it today to confirm this and I already ordered the trickflow a/c elim kit to get it squared away ;)

Can't wait to get her back here and get it running right! Supposedly when it was installed in 2001, it was worked .030 over, I believe 10:1 compression, gt40 heads/headers, edelbrock 600cfm carb(needs replacing) and has nice chromed ford motorsports valve covers :D My plans are some Twisted wedge 170's, Edlebrock Performer intake, 4-barrel 800cfm Edelbrock carb, have to run shorty headers so haven't figured out which I plan to run and finally going to build myself a 2 1/2" exhaust with X-pipe.

The motor already has a mild cam in it, so I will probably just keep it in and see how it turns out with that. If I can put down a solid 350-400rwhp with that setup, than I will be more than happy! In a light-weight car, that will definitely ****e and get!