New From South Bay California

RubyRedGT

Active User
Nov 12, 2016
Hello out there...just bought an 06 GT 5 speed-355 gears and having lots of fun with it. I'm gonna look into adding some hp. With a tuner...but I have a few questions...if I were to choose the 91 octain setting how much hp gain will I make? And which tuner is best for my Mustang? Thank you for your help!
62a7f38bdb58e9cd494e98df9c56ceb8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet.

I'll move your thread over to the '05-'14 general talk section, lots of people to help you out with your upgrades there.

Good to have you with us.

Agreed a lot of people seem to use bama with an intake but brenspeed has a following too. There are several companies out there that do tunes. I am editing this before I get blasted...the best tune comes from a dyno shop....

best money I spent on cost per fun hands down

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks, yeah I'm leaning toward the SCT tuner...it just makes sence to open the motors potential in this way. I may do a before and after quarter mile test just to feel and see the difference and I'll report back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Oh and getting the car to hook up will make you a lot quicker. I know everyone wants more horsepower but when I went with new shocks, stiffer springs and wider back tires the car was much faster... Everyone talks about LCA AND LCB.. thats my next move personally.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks, yeah I'm leaning toward the SCT tuner...it just makes sence to open the motors potential in this way. I may do a before and after quarter mile test just to feel and see the difference and I'll report back.
I definitely agree with your statement of opening the motor's potential. A tuner definitely does! My car was fine sometimes but lagged other times. Once I got the tuner, BAM!, it definitely gave me the power and speed I knew the car was capable of. I have an SCT tuner. My 2014 V6 standard auto has no problem keeping up with the newer GTs. I like it a lot.