New GT in NJ

Koyote50

Oct 31, 2011
Good morning to all. I bought a new 5.0 about 2 months ago and have been looking for a forum to join and find some good info. after 2 months on another forum I'm here at stangnet.

Heres a little backround about me: My name is Ryan. I'm 27 years old and live at the Jersey Shore (no we all don't look like those idiots on the tv show and yea we called it that before they did). This is my 2nd Mustang. Back on Dec 31 2003 I bought a 2004 Mustang GT and was absolutly in love for 3 years and 11 months. Stupididty happened and I sold it for a 2008 Trail Blazer SS. After a year I got a 2006 Z06. Once the electrical problems were resolved enough to bring it to a dealership I picked up a 2007 CTS-V. Well this past spring we headed to a NASCAR race and saw a 5.0 at the Ford Experience. I knew it was only a matter of time. On August 21 I drove past a dealership and saw them unloading a 5.0. Well to make a long story longer the next day the CTS was sold and the Stang was mine.

3 days later the rear window louvers, eleanor style grill, Roush shifter, and Roush axel back were put on. My C&L intake and BAMA Tuned SCT should be here I hope today.

All in all I'm happy to be back.

SS's, Vettes, CTS-V's can't hold a candle to a Mustang. Doesn't matter the motor.

(pics to follow)

• Sponsors (?)

Impressive list of rides, I couldn't see myself getting rid of a cts-v for the stang...My knowledge on caddies ain't quite there but when I think cts-v, that is the 2 door one with the exhaust out the center right? Or am I off by a letter, any whoo welcome to the forums enjoy the car....

the 2 door came out this year i believe. so this was the last year of the old body style 4 door. It was cool at first but it was still a cadillac. Theres a lot of problems with those cars. Problems you don't find out about until you own one.

the 2 door came out this year i believe. so this was the last year of the old body style 4 door. It was cool at first but it was still a cadillac. Theres a lot of problems with those cars. Problems you don't find out about until you own one.

you will find that with about any car. The mustang has a few but not serious problems, they would fall under more of the nit picking. I'm not to fond of the way they shift, seems a bit too notchy, but not a deal breaker.

Yea I agree with ya there. Im not a fan of the "1-4" and in the past week ive been getting locked out of 2nd. not really sure what thats all about. The sct I think gets rid of the 1-4. if it keeps acting up ill bring it back to the dealership.

I had some issues with my 04. BUT it was things I could fix. The caddy engine light came on, i popped my code reader in there and istead of giving me a code it says "please contact your nearest gm tech". Not on my watch scooter. we all know what that means $$$$.

Other than that i feel like I'm actually driving this car. When i want t/c off it goes OFF. The car says "alright brotha. I trust you. Just know if you lose control I can't help you." Stability track in a gm doesnt turn off. It says "ok t/c is of so now you can do a burnout....kinda. BUT as soon as this car gets a little sideways your fun privaleges are being revoked."

being locked out of second is because they tried to make a muscle car eco friendly. If you haven't noticed yet, watch your dash it will light up 1-->4 economy and if you switch around that it's a motha to try to get it to 2d. Easiest way I found is if I actually need 2d gear (any where over 5K rpm i found it to be), the car will let you go. It's all about learning a new car but with that tune you're talking about your skip shift will be gone with it.