New GT owner

Hey all,

This is my first post on this forum. I used to first have a 95probegt automatic then I got a 03 focus svt (that car got totalled like a month ago cuz some idiot rear ended me) and I just got my 02 Blue Mustang Gt yesterday. It has 46k miles, black leather interior, cobra rims and intake...got her for $12k...

Heres a pic:

BTW whats the official name of that color because I know theres a darker blue than that...

Also whats the best bang for the buck mods I can do right now...not looking to go F/I or NOS now (not yet at least :D )

Thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

If she is an auto, get a handheld tuner to firm up the shifts. If it's a manual, get a short throw shifter (MGW), and then follow up with a set of 4.10 FRPP gears. Those are the best beginner mods, in my opinion. Those, and exhaust of course.

02bluegtstang said:
its a 5 speed...how hard is it to install those 4.10 frpp gears everyone talks about?? would it help alot in the 1/4 mile?? btw i live in san fernando valley 818 but im in LA alot of times at my girls house....hey ghoststang whats that socal mustang club in your sig?

thats our car club and we have a few people out that area ...and 4.10's they are easy to install i'll send you a PM later with more info

May want to consider going with 3:73's I have them in mine and have Zero regrets as I do a lot of freeway commuting. Dont get me wrong you can run 4:10's with out any problems as well but you will be taching more RPM's... Like mentioned above, if it doesnt already have a short throw shifter do this first. Long Tubes are probably about as noticable of a mod as gears. Then you have all bolt ons like a Throttle Body 70 or 75mm an aftermarket Plenum, Underdrive pullies, Cold Air Intake ect...

Very nice ride and welcome to the boards!

Performance/Power Mods: (#1 first, but your choice after that.)
1.Pro 5.0 or MGW Shifter
2.X-Pipe-Your choice of brand
3.Exhaust-Something with a "straight thru" design
4.Hand Held Tuner-SCT or Diablosport
5.Gears-FRPP 3:73's at least

As for the suspension a Basic Package would be in this order:
1.Struts/Shocks & Springs
2.Full Length Subframe connectors
3.C/C Plates(if necessary), Rack Bushings
4.Lower Control Arms
5.Swaybars
6.Panhard Bar*