New Guy from Alabama

CPalmer72

Aug 14, 2019
Alabama
Hello everyone, my name is Cody, 27, located just east of Birmingham, Alabama.
Long time lurker here and several other mustang forums.
Wanted a fox since I was 14-15 years old. Been around mopar stuff my entire life, but just bought a new to me 91 hatch.
Hope to get to know you all and learn a little along the way.

91 LX Hatchback - crystal blue
Turbocharged 306, TRW forged rods and pistons, Anderson N41 cam, gt40 heads, cloyes timing set, on3 70mm turbo. Tremec 3550. 8.8. With 3.27 gears, 31 spline moser axles, UPR upper and lower control arms. Team Z rear drag springs, UPR Chromoly k member. Eibach lowering springs on front for now, about to swap to coilovers. 02 GT front brake setup,

Leaving plenty out, but you all get the idea!

• Sponsors (?)

congrats man! I'm also 27 and just got my first Mustang a few weeks ago - I think my '94 is going to need a lot more work than yours so I'm a little jealous haha
very nice looking car, do you have any plans for it or just going to enjoy cruisin' around?

congrats man! I'm also 27 and just got my first Mustang a few weeks ago - I think my '94 is going to need a lot more work than yours so I'm a little jealous haha
very nice looking car, do you have any plans for it or just going to enjoy cruisin' around?
Ton of plans for the car. Its having an issue running hot around town, swapping to a better electric fan this weekend and have to clean up some wiring.
My first step after getting all the little kinks worked out is swapping front suspension to coilovers. Going to put a maximum motorsports rollbar with swing out doors in with some good harnesses. Cant decide if I'll keep the back seat or do a delete yet, but going to swap front seats at the same time either way.
Getting it painted early next year. Car looks pretty good from 30 feet, but up close its faded pretty bad and clear coat is gone in places.

As far as motor goes, I'm really at a stopping point. It made 520 rwhp on the dyno so dont want to go much more with stock block. I found a 351w complete motor for $150 I may go pick up and buuld it a little at a time. If I did that route, i would 393 or 408 and turbo or spray it. I've also rolled the idea around of getting a 331 or 347, forged with a good set of heads and keeping the turbo.
Endless possibilities that I cant decide on lol

End goal is a true street driven low 10 second 1/4 mile. Not just drive it to the track and home, but able to drive it wherever and be reliable.

Reactions: 1 user