New Guy From Denver

TiE2000

Apr 7, 2012
Names Tyler, and like the title says I'm from Denver Colorado. I found your site by doing a quick Google search, this site seems to be the easiest to navigate out of ALL the Mustang Forums on the web... so, here I am.

To be honest, I know relatively nothing about mustangs, as I've been partial to Chevy's my whole life. (Please don't bash too much) any who, I’m here looking for info, I'm currently in the market for a new car. I can't lie, I was dead set on getting a new Camaro, but after driving one and pricing one out with all the options, I’m starting to rethink my decision. So, I hit up the ford website, and saw that you can build a price a 2013 Mustang GT. Well I fell in LOVE with the Deep Impact Blue color offered on the 2013 model. So much so, I'm considering buying a Ford (who'd a thunk?!?) That and the fact my wife LOVES mustangs doesn’t hurt either.

So here I am, I know the basics, it's got the Coyote 5.0, live rear axel, stock vs. stock it IS faster then a 5th gen Camaro... but that covers it really.

Now for some quick questions:
1 - What changes have been made between the 2012 model year and the 13?
2 - To add the track package or not?
3 - Simple and cheep go fast mods (to start out with)

I'm sure I'll come up with more as this thread continues. Thanks for reading!

• Sponsors (?)

Names Tyler, and like the title says I'm from Denver Colorado. I found your site by doing a quick Google search, this site seems to be the easiest to navigate out of ALL the Mustang Forums on the web... so, here I am.

To be honest, I know relatively nothing about mustangs, as I've been partial to Chevy's my whole life. (Please don't bash too much) any who, I’m here looking for info, I'm currently in the market for a new car. I can't lie, I was dead set on getting a new Camaro, but after driving one and pricing one out with all the options, I’m starting to rethink my decision. So, I hit up the ford website, and saw that you can build a price a 2013 Mustang GT. Well I fell in LOVE with the Deep Impact Blue color offered on the 2013 model. So much so, I'm considering buying a Ford (who'd a thunk?!?) That and the fact my wife LOVES mustangs doesn’t hurt either.

So here I am, I know the basics, it's got the Coyote 5.0, live rear axel, stock vs. stock it IS faster then a 5th gen Camaro... but that covers it really.

Now for some quick questions:
1 - What changes have been made between the 2012 model year and the 13?
2 - To add the track package or not?
3 - Simple and cheep go fast mods (to start out with)

I'm sure I'll come up with more as this thread continues. Thanks for reading!
1 - Various minor changes, the biggest being added power (from 412 to 420) and exterior style updates.

2 - That's entirely up to you, it's a good upgrade package.

3 - First thing I would suggest is our CAI, Boss intake manifold and SCT X3 tuner with Steeda tuning. We've seen 50+ HP gains from this setup on a stock '11+ GT. While we do not currently tune for the 2013, we are expecting it soon.

welcome to SN, glad to see you're making a better decision. When I bought my mustang I was between 1) Challenger SRT8 [sold or I would of bought because it mainly because it was $39K discounted] 2) Camaro SS [loved the green, but they became quickly over populated/wasn't too fond of the interior overall but would of made do] 3) Infiniti G37S [wasn't looking for that much luxury, but beautiful car] 5) Mitsubishi Evo [if they would of had it on the lot and not had to order it the mustang would not of made it to my driveway].

With all that said, for dollar wise and what you're getting the mustang is the better purchase. the Lava red is what intrigued me the most, and I couldn't get past the color so that's what i ended up with. As for your question

1) Not enough differences to really car about, besides minor HP gain they say, and a couple other minor tweaks mainly with the exterior styling. I would still go with the 12 if you could find a nice rebate. With that said, I bought my 12 while the 11's should of had a good rebate, but my local dealer would not budge on any prices really, mainly because being by a military base it's easy to take advantage of young guys, and they weren't hurting for sales. So I found a dealer about 400 miles away that gave me a good price on my mustang.

2)That's a personal decision right there, it's nice and all, but not needed

3) The same simple cheap go fast mod's that you would of used with your mustang. Myself the 412 is more than enough for what i use it for so I don't really look into them alot. From what I seen, and read throughout the forum ppl use the Steeda because they build them to go hand and hand with the ford powertrain.

Reactions: 1 user