New guy looking for headlight aiming help!

M_Breeden

Mar 26, 2010
I have googled and searched through the forum and seen things on adjusting headlights. I've taken a 4mm socket to the back of these, but can't tell a difference in the aim, it may be just that I haven't been turning it enough. Anyways I was just making sure I was looking at the same spot and if these steps work with the headlights I'm using. I have some aftermarket lights from ebay. They were quite easy to install and I'm satisfied with what I got, just the aiming has been a problem. I got projectors so I could add in HID, but not willing to until I fix the aim. I know when buying on ebay or any site for that matter that you often "get what you pay for". In this case I'm okay with the 100 dollars I spent because the lights even aimed unevenly are better than the 10 year old stock ones I had. If anyone could help me out with my problem it would be greatly appreciated. I hope to learn a lot from the forums and put my two cents in here and then when I can help out. Thanks everyone.

Here are some photos of the lights and where I have been attempting to adjust. The brand name seems to be "SONAR" and from my googling I've read that sometimes they go by "Gen 3". I'm not too sure if any of that helps, but trying to get as much information out there as I can for help.

the image kind of gets distorted here so follow the link for a better view
Photos Here
m921ol.jpg

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)