New Guy Looking For Help

Have a 1969 mach I fastback / with date code correct 428 / r code . Looking to verify what i got and to find out some info on it want to see what i really bought was worth it or not . Its no barrett jackson car . But to me it is . And also looking for a mustang repair/restoration shop in the Nassau county ny area . Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks . I have a r in the vin plate and door tag . Wondering about the engine . Just want to be sure about that. Was told its a date code coreect 428 cj. Not numbers matching. Other thing is trying to find value to the car .. and also would you know where power to brake pedal switch comes from have no power at the brake pedal switch therefore no brake light . Thanks for your time and help .

Attachments

• 20160623_180949.jpg
    20160623_180949.jpg
    683.7 KB · Views: 159
Check both sides of the switch for power if one side has power even with the pedal up your switch is probably bad .If no power to either side the fuse block may need the posts cleaned ,or just a bad fuse .The posts in the fuse block rust loosing the connection .

Reactions: 1 user
Messed around for a few mins sunday . Found one fuse no power on both sides . Its the smallest one in fuse block . But doesn't seem to have power coming in to that fuse . Wondering if i put 12 volts to to the fuse would that possibly power up bad fuse terminal . Fuse block is small maybe 5 fuses in it but looks like a pain to take down .

Check the screw in the middle of the fuse block ,it may be loose .The fuse block is two halves ,an inner and an outer .The halves may not be pulled all the way together ,or the connection between the two may be corroded .You may have to pull them apart and clean the posts .They are a pain in the butt to separate sometimes .

Thanks , still didn't get time to pull apart the fuse box yet. was doing some searching on the car and found it was a 4 speed toploader with a 350 traction loc. now its a automatic c6 with a 275 open and a cast iron tail shaft ??? was wondering if it would be worth while to put it back to the stick ?