Roush New guy looking for info

Pokeyhawk

Sep 7, 2006
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and I am considering a Saleen Mustang for my next fun car. I always wanted one when I was in high school, so now I need to do a little research. I am interested in the 87-93 models. I would like to know the main things that set the cars apart from regular Mustangs, as I don't want to buy a clone and find out after the fact. I believe they all have 5 lug wheels, the saleen gauges, the ground effects package, and special interiors with the Flofit seats.
I guess what I am asking is where is a good place to look for this information. Also, what should I expect price wise? What are the production numbers for these years? I am looking more for a nice driver more than an ultra low mileage show car. Any and all information to get me pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Pokeyhawk said:
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and I am considering a Saleen Mustang for my next fun car. I always wanted one when I was in high school, so now I need to do a little research. I am interested in the 87-93 models. I would like to know the main things that set the cars apart from regular Mustangs, as I don't want to buy a clone and find out after the fact. I believe they all have 5 lug wheels, the saleen gauges, the ground effects package, and special interiors with the Flofit seats.
I guess what I am asking is where is a good place to look for this information. Also, what should I expect price wise? What are the production numbers for these years? I am looking more for a nice driver more than an ultra low mileage show car. Any and all information to get me pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

.....every year there were little differences. The best place to start is getting a copy of "The Saleen Book" by Brad Bowling. Its the complete history (well most detailed history) of the first 20 years of Saleen with the owners registery!! Extend your knowledge with that book and use us old-timers for stories to fill in the gaps.....