Fox New Guy Need Help With Value Of Car

• Sponsors (?)

No I don't have the parts car but this one is literally packed full of parts. Been too cold to go through them all yet. Hoping to get out there this week.

The guy I bought the harness and ecu from is refusing to take it back. I have to wait till Monday to open a dispute with Paypal.

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with either of those but maybe, my understanding is there is nothing compatible between the 4cyl and the v8 with the exception of the harness going to the rear of the car, I sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Let's see what you got hidden in the car first and go from there

Ok finally got around to working on the car. Got a new harness for everything hooked up except for this one wire that's labeled eec ground?

Also I have spark but don't smell any gas so am assuming no fuel. Haven't put any starter fluid to it yet.

Any ideas?

That EEC ground wire is the most important one. It usually grounds on the inner fender on the drivers side right by the corner of the battery...between strut tower and battery.

Reactions: 1 user
This is the main EEC ground...it has a round black connector.
IMG_20170329_185141932_HDR.jpg

That's it...someone took the black round connector off. It should bolt to the area shown in the pic I posted...between the battery and the washer fluid bottle.

You could cut that end off and use a crimp connector with an eyelet. It should be the yellow ones. Use one for that wire and run another one from the ground side of the battery to the bolt. Ground them in the same spot. Make sure it's a good clean grounding spot.

Without that ground the computer won't fire the injectors....so you won't get any fuel to the engine.

I didn't put starter fluid to it yet. Just cranked to make sure I had spark.
Good to know I shouldn't have tried it anyways.
I'm going back to work on it today and I'll take care of that ground and report back. Thanks for the help fellas.

Ok I got the eec ground hooked up where you guys told me to. Crank it and I only get popping noises. After I cranked it for a little while you could feel heat coming off the headers.