New guy on the block

Alamo

Apr 13, 2005
SA, TX
Greetings all. I’m Alamo and I just joined this forum. I plan on buying a 2005 or 2006 Mustang GT. I currently drive a 2001 BMW 330i which I willing to give up to get my buns in the seat of true Yankee muscle. :)

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome, Alamo. I'm in the same boat as you are, so to speak. I'm 'reving' up to buy an 05 or 06, myself! I don't want to trade in my truck, so I'm having to save up for it though, which is tough! Meanwhile, I'm still having difficulty making decisions, like color, transmission, and options!
Anyway, good luck in your car hunting! :)

bleedingvayneAD said:
Alamo, try putting your car up for sale on ebaymotors.com cause you'll get a lot of attention there. And don't wait for 2006!! Get your 'yankee muscle' now! Well, even if you place your order now, chances are you'll get it in 2006. But, still, get it.

I did the e-bay thing for a month or so. 2001 BMW 330i are a dime a dozen out there. I have it on Autotrader/Autotrader.com and I'm going to place it on Cars.com (they want $60 to place the ad). I also have started to park the car on weekends at a busy intersections (I stay with the car and read books). Get a lot of questions like "how much for cash" which I don't understand that question. Cash or check it's the same amount of money. Actually I told one kid I will have to charge you $100 more because I have to count all that money. I've had two buyers but both could not get the full amount for the loan. Once it's sold, I'm placing my X-Plan order.

Alamo - welcome to the forum. I know just the guy who really, really needs a BMW. Heck, he might give you an even trade for his 2005 Mustang GT convertable!!! His forum name is ExCon and he - well - if you're here long - you'll get to know him :) :) ha ha. Seriously, ask ExCon if he'll trade straight across. I'm sure he'll appreciate it :)

05Stangster said:
Alamo - welcome to the forum. I know just the guy who really, really needs a BMW. Heck, he might give you an even trade for his 2005 Mustang GT convertable!!! His forum name is ExCon and he - well - if you're here long - you'll get to know him :) :) ha ha. Seriously, ask ExCon if he'll trade straight across. I'm sure he'll appreciate it :)

I had a Vette with the removable top. In South Texas I found little need to remove the top. It's do F..king hot down here. When you're at a stop light or traffic, you bake in the car. But I'll contact ExCon to see if he is interested in the Bimmer.

05Stangster said:

Er, I think he did it, too! :D

Alamo said:
Thank you for the welcome.
I also belong to a BMW forum but I find them a bit condescending :notnice: . I trust this forum will have little of that, more down to earth
Is there a sub-forum I can place an ad for my BMW? :shrug:

Yeah, Mustang owners are a pretty easy going group on the whole. I've lurked at bit on e36 forums and it didn't seem too bad, though I imagine later model Bimmer drivers are pretty insufferable--I'm guessing most of the discussion revolve around detailing, dealer service and the best lease deals. Anyway, try listing you car on craigslist.org How much do you want for it? Manual tranny?

66Satellite said:
Yeah, Mustang owners are a pretty easy going group on the whole. I've lurked at bit on e36 forums and it didn't seem too bad, though I imagine later model Bimmer drivers are pretty insufferable--I'm guessing most of the discussion revolve around detailing, dealer service and the best lease deals. Anyway, try listing you car on craigslist.org How much do you want for it? Manual tranny?

Steptronic, asking $25.5K. I have it listed on this forum. I'm not BSing, the car is super clean