New guy with a few questions

• Sponsors (?)

Ya thats what I thought, i'll probably just replace it, what about that electric fan? I was just going to put it on a switch but my dad thinks it should be on a t-stat or somthing else? The stangs didnt come with electric fans did they?

I would change the thermostat just to be safe, put what you want in there, I use a 160 but I am carbed so maybe a 180 for FI, I ran that when I was FI and it worked good. Check to make sure your fan is on, if it is great if not, you can straight wire it temporarily to see if that is it, then move on to why it is not working, if it is working, check the radiator for grass and bugs or whatever and go to car was and blow the fins out if they are gunked up. Also, after your thermostat opens up, make sure the water is flowing by looking in the radiator (open it first before running). If it is not at all maybe your water pump is bad if it is barely flowing maybe the radiator cores are clogged and it's time for a radiator.

no, fox stangs did not come with e-fans. a switch is a band-aid fix only. running a switch like that will often cause premature failure of the fan motor. sscot had some really good suggestions. replace the thermostat with a stock unit(180 or190) check the radiator. take it out and make sure there is nothing between it and the ac condenser.

pick up a copy of muscle mustangs and fast fords June 2010 issue. they have a article of steering with a 01 GT they say is similar to the foxbody. shows where to go to tighten things.

maybe that can help.

also problem with manual fan switches is that you have to remember to turn them on and off.

don't turn them off you drain your battery. 1. you're hassled 2. you get late for work. your screwed.
3. you're late to pick up your girl friend. she meets someone and he ends up screwing your girl.

don't turn them on car over heats you're really screwed.

JK good luck man. also in the mag there is a subscription. every issue i learn something new. i'm far from being a techie like some of these gurus on here. but its interesting all the same.

OK I grabed the mag i'll check it out, I plan on tearing into the car this weekend. Is there an easy way to check to make sure the water pump it working? I just got the car and my budget it limited so buying a water pump would suck lol