New Guy

Well I am new here!
I was always a Fox body man, and just lastnight picked up a 1998 GT Conv.
Very nice an dfun to drive. Traded my brother my 1998 Expedition for it. :D His insurance was giving him a raping!:notnice: Its a shame that is how you acquire one of the nicest vehicles ever produced.:nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys.

You are going to have to clarify that for me, PI?
I have been away from sports cars of any kind for too many years!
I own a carburated GT350 :D You put fuel in it and hold it on the floor!:flag:

Strut tower brace is in place at the time, I wanted to add the lite bar and possibly a Cervini's functional ram air hood?
I have been looking at the Full Bassanni race exhaust (I figured since it was an automatic, would it really be that load on the street)?
Is a chip worth looking at anymore? I was trying to stick with bolt on's only. The last time I had a mustang (88) I started with a fresh 306 Aluminum block from SVT and it got really expensive really quick! I was only 16.

post pics of the GT350 ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

PI stands for Performance Improved. The PI heads/cams/intake were put on the 99-04 GTs to bump the power up to 260hp. (98s have 225hp). By putting the PI h/c/i on your car, it will actually bump the HP up to OVER 260hp due to slightly higher compression than the 99-04 GTs.

One bad thing about the modular 4.6 2V motors is that they dont respond well to bolt-ons at all. For mods, I'd start here:

full PI swap (might as well throw some VT or Comp Cams stage I cams in there while you have it apart), 4.10s, full exhaust (LT headers, o/r midpipe and catback of choice), dyno tune, weld-in sub frame connectors, lowering springs and shocks/struts. Then, save for a power adder.

Most bolt ons are overpriced for the extremely minimal gains they produce. In the end, you'll spend more on bolt ons for less power than just saving up for a blower or nitrous.