new headers, x or h pipe and new mufflers

RioRed94vert

Jun 13, 2005
kansas city
i am looking at headers and my engine is basically stock save for the mods below. would long tubes hurt the performance and not be worth the extra money?(There will be nitrous in the future)I am looking at either MAC longtubes(since it is about the only cheap long tube for my car) and a list of shorties that include FMS and MAC.How much is actuallt gained from the shorties/and o/r pipe? Also what would sound better with borla mufflers, an o/r x or h? Is anyone using just the mufflers or a similar setup. let me know. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

no way will it hurt performance

when you change exhuast you lose a lil back pressure so it will feel slower for those first few lower rpm... but once you are off the line that doesnt matter

i would run mac long tubes and a Dr gas x that would sound sick with the borla... or a prochamber would too its deep and has an x rasp at times that is very sustained.

but you should really look into a stall converter for your aod. then you wont 2worry about any off the line pull and the car will be way more fun all around.

i would want a 3000 stall or higher if you will eventually have heads cam or a blower