New Here, Need Mach 460 Help..........

Warnock

Dec 25, 2005
Greetings,
I purchased a 1994 Mustang Cobra with the Mach 460 sound system. The vehicle came with an aftermarket head unit and an amp wiring kit already installed. The audio in the car sounds horrbile, like the speakers are blown with absolutley no bass. The person I purchased it from said the pre-amps were blown, but after a little research I think it might just be the aftermarket head unit causing all the trouble. Any help? The old head unit is still in the car, right under the aftermarket one. If I hook the factory stereo back up will this solve my problems? If it is the amps can I replace them? Is there an easy way to fix my troubles? Please keep the technical talk as low key as possible, because I know little about car audio. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

the cd system was a 2 deck set up: a radio tape then a cd player. soudsn to me that the speakers are shot. an aftermarket head unit put an amplified signal into the amps which amplifies the signal even more. if you don't care about aftermarket set ups, I would try and find the other deck and some more mach 460 speakers. it's a nice system from teh facotry if you are not real big into sound stuff. if you plan to do a lot of audio stuff, in some cases it might be better to take out the mach 460 and put in all new stuff to your likings. which could be lighter if you don't use amps at all with just speakers and a head unit. hope this has helped some.