Saleen new inlet/intake for Series II

I agree. For the power, $600 is very reasonable. The reason I said that was because it was a part not designed to work with the series II and because there was no alternative available at the time, someone could charge that price. There should have been a high quality replacement made a long time ago.

00 GT vert
Series II S/C
BBK long tubes & o/r x-pipe, pro 5.0, 3:55's, TT inlet, cobra TB, 66mm pulley,
90mm TB, Chicane intercooler, hand ported lower intake, SCT

• Sponsors (?)

I agree. For the power, $600 is very reasonable. The reason I said that was because it was a part not designed to work with the series II and because there was no alternative available at the time, someone could charge that price. There should have been a high quality replacement made a long time ago.

00 GT vert
Series II S/C

Is there any way that we can use the series II s/c on the TORK TECH lower intake? I called them yesterday, very helpful guy, I am going to by the intake,tb, CAI and adapter. Quoted right at about $1000.00. I dont mind, you can tell that the saleen one is just holding back the charger. I will also upgrade the intercooler and install cams plus the mosaleen idler and 66mm pulley. I am installing shorties this weekend and maybe some 3.55's. I honestly believe that the sII should give more that what everyone thinks, just that saleen engineers cant figure out how to create better flowing intakes (inlet and lower) and intercoolers.

As far as the gas cable, the guy said we need a stock GT gas cable to make it work. Said at the dealer should be about $50.00.

I love how it looks in black with the black charger. I might do the same.

Props man, and work some OT and get the dyno done!!! geez.... hurry up im dying over here!:flag:

This might take off in a couple different directions here, but bare with me.....

I don't think it's a matter of Saleen engineers not being able to construct a better intake at this point. It likely because the 2V powered Mustang is 3-years gone now and it's not feasible for them to go back to the drawing board and knock out another design when the 3V engine is what’s making them all of the money at this point. Unless you absolutely had to keep the Saleen kit, I'd start from scratch with the entire Tork Tech unit from the get go and save myself the headache of all that custom work. Trust me, I've customized everything on my REV I Allen kit from one end to the other and it's still not making anywhere near the amount of power it should to justify the effort and additional cost.

The Tork Tech kits on the other hand are where it's at IMO and the absolute best choice right now for a 2V powered Mustang. The Eaton M112 Tork Tech kit seems every bit as capable as the kit utilizing the 2.1L Twin screw being put out by Kenne Bell (at least to the point where forged internals will need to be used), it comes with a better selection of supporting components as standard equipment and is way...way better priced! I sat down and priced it out one day and after comparing the 9psi intercooled Tork Tech kit to the Kenne Bell 2.1L kit and the additional suporting components you'd need to buy for it for an equal comparison, there was something like an $1,800 difference between the two!!! Yeah, I’ve heard the arguments about Twin Screw efficiency over the Eaton but numbers don’t like. I’ve seen 9psi Kenne Bell kits barely able to crack 370rwhp and 14lb kits unable to break 440rwhp. The Tork Tech units are making those same numbers with the M112 and aren’t charging you an arm and a leg to do so. If big power is what you're after, the TVS blower swap is literally less than half the cost of the 2.6L blower swap for the Kenne Bell 2V kit and it seems every bit as capable.....and still clears the stock hood line!!!

You watch, once this Tork Tech kits catch on you're gonna see a lot of the other manufacturers drop their prices like a stone, just to keep up. If it were me, I’d be littering this kit on ever single issue of MM&FF and 5.0L & Super Fords until the cows came home. It’s advertising (or the lack of) that makes or breaks a company, not product. Do you guys honestly believe that a company like Kenne Bell puts out the superior product compared to the rest? Allen Engine Development was proof that a lack of advertising will kill a dream. Their REV II manifold and 5th Generation M90 design was probably one of the best out there for those looking for something in street level trim. It easily hung with the early Kenne Bell 1.7L and current 2.1L twin screw kits into the 400hp range, but their lack of motivation to push the product and make people know of it’s existence led to their demise (that and poor management as far as I’m concerened). Most people I know never even heard of the company? :shrug: I firmly believe if they would have sunk more money inter advertising, they could have been one of the leaders in 2V performance right now.

...end of rant. :D

This might take off in a couple different directions here, but bare with me.....

I don't think it's a matter of Saleen engineers not being able to construct a better intake at this point. It likely because the 2V powered Mustang is 3-years gone now and it's not feasible for them to go back to the drawing board and knock out another design when the 3V engine is what’s making them all of the money at this point. Unless you absolutely had to keep the Saleen kit, I'd start from scratch with the entire Tork Tech unit from the get go and save myself the headache of all that custom work. Trust me, I've customized everything on my REV I Allen kit from one end to the other and it's still not making anywhere near the amount of power it should to justify the effort and additional cost.

The Tork Tech kits on the other hand are where it's at IMO and the absolute best choice right now for a 2V powered Mustang. The Eaton M112 Tork Tech kit seems every bit as capable as the kit utilizing the 2.1L Twin screw being put out by Kenne Bell (at least to the point where forged internals will need to be used), it comes with a better selection of supporting components as standard equipment and is way...way better priced! I sat down and priced it out one day and after comparing the 9psi intercooled Tork Tech kit to the Kenne Bell 2.1L kit and the additional suporting components you'd need to buy for it for an equal comparison, there was something like an $1,800 difference between the two!!! Yeah, I’ve heard the arguments about Twin Screw efficiency over the Eaton but numbers don’t like. I’ve seen 9psi Kenne Bell kits barely able to crack 370rwhp and 14lb kits unable to break 440rwhp. The Tork Tech units are making those same numbers with the M112 and aren’t charging you an arm and a leg to do so. If big power is what you're after, the TVS blower swap is literally less than half the cost of the 2.6L blower swap for the Kenne Bell 2V kit and it seems every bit as capable.....and still clears the stock hood line!!!

You watch, once this Tork Tech kits catch on you're gonna see a lot of the other manufacturers drop their prices like a stone, just to keep up. If it were me, I’d be littering this kit on ever single issue of MM&FF and 5.0L & Super Fords until the cows came home. It’s advertising (or the lack of) that makes or breaks a company, not product. Do you guys honestly believe that a company like Kenne Bell puts out the superior product compared to the rest? Allen Engine Development was proof that a lack of advertising will kill a dream. Their REV II manifold and 5th Generation M90 design was probably one of the best out there for those looking for something in street level trim. It easily hung with the early Kenne Bell 1.7L and current 2.1L twin screw kits into the 400hp range, but their lack of motivation to push the product and make people know of it’s existence led to their demise (that and poor management as far as I’m concerened). Most people I know never even heard of the company? :shrug: I firmly believe if they would have sunk more money inter advertising, they could have been one of the leaders in 2V performance right now.

...end of rant. :D

I was leaning that route but I have a truck note that is kickin my ass for 3 years! so I kinda wanted to mod this motor and S2 charger till I can actually built a motor or buy a built shortblock and then really boost it up.

I started to price it all out--- still need a few things, fuel pump and injectors and MAF I think.

2002 SALEEN MOD LIST

1. MOSALEEN idler
$160.00

2. CHICANE PULLEY 66MM
$96.00

3. CHICANE INTERCOOLER
$800.00

4. TORK TECH INTAKE
$1000.00
inlet plenum + TB + gasket + and egr adapter.
tel:513-697-0060 (sales)

5. ANDERSON CAMS
$629.00
part# F-42
2s412/98

S/C 8-13 lb. 4.6 Best performer up to 6200 rpm. Nice idle, good driveability down to 1800 rpm, performance range 2400-6200 rpm. Recommend AFM valve spring kit but stock valve springs will work. Works best with 80mm mass air, 70mm throttle body and TFS or Dragon Plenum. Headers and ported P.I. heads are suggested.
Gears 3.27 to 4.10. With automatic transmisison needs 2800-3000 converter.

***TOTAL=$2,685.00
--------------------------
TORK TECH S/C KIT

http://www.torktech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2

STANDARD Magnuson M112 Positive Displacement Supercharger with self contained synthetic lubrication
STANDARD 8 Rib Supercharger Drive System with Independent Crank Pulley allowing capability to run larger Crank Pulleys for More Boost
STANDARD items that come in our Complete kit:
Cold air intake system
90mm Mass Airflow Meter
Huge oval throttle body (63mm X 130mm)
Heavy duty air to water intercooler system with massive 3"x7.25"x27" front mounted heat exchanger
42-pound fuel injectors
High volume fuel pump
SCT Chip with custom tune
Aerodynamically designed intake plenum
Aluminum lower intake manifold with remote coolant thermostat
All hardware, brackets, hoses, and installation instructions
Available extended length hood scoop allows room for uncompromised intake manifold design and good looks. **
The standard items above provide maximum safe allowable stock engine power and allow for significant future power improvements.
Installation is straight-forward and can be completed by any do-it-yourselfers with basic hand tools in about 6 to 8 hours.
Easy, low cost upgrades available to allow for significantly higher boost and power levels when the time comes. Requires only: a built engine, larger crank pulley, low cost fuel delivery upgrade option from TTI and new custom tune.
UPGRADEABLE to the Magnuson 1900 TVS blower for only $999 for power levels in excess of 600 HP!
One year warranty!
** Note: For clearance the stock hood needs to be modified and TTI offers an optional extended stealth hood scoop to externally hide these changes. An aftermarket raised Cobra R type hood, or equivalent design, will also provide proper clearance

***TOTAL=$4,299.99
--------------------------
12:55 PM 5/20/2008
** TS1000-99-BK KIT 120
$5499.00

9-25 PSI KIT W/AC ('99 UP 4.6 MUSTANG 2V) INTERCOOLED INCLUDES: BOOST-A-PUMP, COBRA BIG DUAL TB ("TUNER KIT") 2.6L
Note: ("Tuner Kit") Requires Cobra R type hood for supercharger clearance.
(Injectors, belt, chip and 8 rib system not included. See Tech Tips for required accessories not included in kit)

***TOTAL=$5,499.00

at the end of the day if I can get near 400rwhp from the S2 I would be happy for the S2 charger.

Sorry, im just trying to do my homework. You know...:flag:

Hey guys! Didn't have a huge update to post, but wanted to let everyone know that I finally have enough money to get my fuel pump and injectors so I can head up to Dynospeed. I'm having troube finding the best place to get 42# injectors. $329 is the best i've seen so far. If anyone has a suggestion on where to get them, let me know. I'll be shooting for having everything in this week and heading up to Memphis next week! Thanks for the help!

00 GT vert
Series II S/C

Im almost there....

Attachments

• blower.jpg
    blower.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 236
I dunno, there is a lack of info in that post.
Like where it was dyno'ed, if the numbers are corrected, ported sc or not or
Other mods to the car.

I have trouble believing a 2v car, with less boost, makes more hp than an 4v 03 cobra.
Figure a ported eaton on an 03 cobra with 16lbs of boost makes 520hp. Non ported makes a maximum of 490rwhp.

And most twin screws could surpass 600rwhp, the problem is that it requires a built shortblock, so most guys keep them in the mid to high 500's on an 03 cobra, and low 400's on stock 2v.

Hey guys! Didn't have a huge update to post, but wanted to let everyone know that I finally have enough money to get my fuel pump and injectors so I can head up to Dynospeed. I'm having troube finding the best place to get 42# injectors. $329 is the best i've seen so far. If anyone has a suggestion on where to get them, let me know. I'll be shooting for having everything in this week and heading up to Memphis next week! Thanks for the help!

00 GT vert
Series II S/C

http://www.dallasmustang.com/page/products.php?category=3&group=12&family=74

http://www.coolblueperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=102

http://www.joeblowracing.com/index.php?cPath=1_6_7_1012&osCsid=e0269269aec71a348c6ca67a8775fd2c

thats all I found... I'll ask my buddy at HPP performance how much he can get them for.:flag:

And most twin screws could surpass 600rwhp, the problem is that it requires a built shortblock, so most guys keep them in the mid to high 500's on an 03 cobra, and low 400's on stock 2v.
The bigger ones might be able to do it, but anything under an old 2.2L autorotor hasn't got a chance…at least not on any street driven small displacement mod motor running anything close to pump gas. Sure, I've seen Kenne Bell claim 500+rwhp @ 14psi out of the 1.7L/2.1L with a stock 2V, but what they neglect to tell you is that they're running race gas, full exhaust and intake mods as well as an insane amount of timing to make them look like hero's on the dyno. I've seen a bolt on 1.7L with the 14psi pulley only put out about 440rwhp on the rollers. Hell, 90% of the 9psi kits I've seen installed won't even break 400rwhp…some of them are down from that figure as much as 35rwhp. Not bad numbers mind you, but not nearly as impressive as they're made to sound in the advertisement.....so be weary of these so called "big power claims" certain companies profess out of their twin screw kits. That Eaton M112 on that kid does a pretty damn good job IMO. Especially considering the kit makes all the power of the equivalent twin screw kit from Kenne Bell (that boast an even larger displacement huffer I might add) for about 2/3 the price. :nice:

Brian, i never said the m112 doesn't do a good job, it just doesn't do nearly as much as a modern twin screw intercooled kit.
I'd still like to see how it's explained how that guys m112 eaton setup exceeds the power output of an 03/04 cobra and it's making less boost. Stroker?Cnc heads and cams?
The numbers really don't add up, so i'm curious to see how it got it that way.

Those old SC's that lack potential are pretty much gone, nobody buys any of the first gen kits anymore.
I get to see anything and everything put on the dyno at my buddies shop. Seems it comes in trends, for a while it was KB's, then it was saleen 3v kits, and now it's whipples. All of which if pullied right easily exceed 500rwhp.

so still no dyno numbers on the original thread?!?!?

not that the argument is not interesting... but I have the m90 on my Saleen and I would like to know if its worth the bucks.

Sorry for the long post. BTW: Thanks, but no, it not a real Saleen. It's not that f#@*in F-word either. Everything on the car is real and I installed it myself. I have some pics of it on the "post pics" thread. Didn't mean to vent.

It's the age old argument, but Don't Apologize, I am right there with you. No our cars do not have a # BUT every stinking thing on them is made by Saleen. :flag:

Sorry guys, money has been a little tight as of late. I do finally have the funds to get up to Dynospeed so I will have some numbers soon. I'm going to try and set up an appointment for early next week!

Thanks pbm.cc for the links! I too am hoping it was worth the money!:)

Mstng2, thanks! I just wish more felt the same way!

00 GT vert
Series II S/C

Truley what we have are un-numbered Saleens, can anyone honestly say a car with all parts genuine Saleen is not a Saleen? It is, however it is not build by Saleen and does not have a stamp of authentication in the form of a Number.