new Kenne Bell

DSCN1415.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Hi guys. Thanks for the welcome and comments. The seats are Recaros. Full power,fully adjustable,and very supportive. Only drawback is the cost. Probably other seats as good,but I had a set of Recaros in a turbocharged Pinto many years ago,and I liked them very much,so I remained loyal to the brand. Brian.

i love that hood. where did you get it? how much clearance above the snout pulley do you have with it? that is where it was rubbing on mine when i had my kb. now my a/c compressor is very near that spot and there is very little clearance there. i'm asking because i want to raise my engine an inch to increase the road clearance for the long tubes, but it will hit there. every time i see a speed bump i panic

i'm digging the seats too ... those recaros look like just the type of thing i'm going for. what model are they and where did you get them?

i'm not digging the spoiler tho ... it looks out of place to me

BLACKVERT. Just FYI,the blue under the hood is VERY bright,and not BABY BLUE. HEH HEH. All the pullys,a/c pump,smog pump,and all the rest of the stuff is ether polished,plated,or Jet- Hot. While I personaly am not a big fan of "BLING" inside of the car,or on the outside {the body has been shaved} I wanted something that kind of "POPPED" when the hood is open,and this did the trick. Other than that,I just prefer a clean functional kind of look. As for the hood,I bought this at B&D Racing many years ago. The TB is a 75mm Edelbrock,and I believe the elbow came from KB. Not sure of the Model of the Recaros,but you can check out their catalog on line. Lots of options there. As for the spoiler,I am getting used to it. It really looks better in person than the pic shows,but its a matter of taste. I got tired of the OLD Saleen "double stack" that was on the car for years. Just wanted something diferent for a change. I understand what you are saying tho. Not for everyone.Hope not EVERYONE hates it. B.

bolsen2 Did you have any problems puting the kb on and geting it started and running good or any other problems you incountered.

Just curious because I will be getting one soon. Any advice will be helpful

Thanks Garrett BTW car looks great

Hi GA94GT. Regarding the install Everything was well planned in advance. Thats in regards to equipment choices, cooling system,sensor mounting,etc. While I did the original combination,and install of the blower etc,after I Met Brian Shapiro of B&D Racing,he pretty much handled the install of everything since. I handled all the detail work. When he started putting this all together, I made sure that EVERYTHING was spotless,and detailed. He said that this went together extremely smooth. If you are doing this yourself, {and you can} just pay attention to the details,go slow,and dont be afraid to ask for advice. I was in touch with Kenne Bell, Don Lasota {who is a gem,and frequents this website} And of course,Brian Shapiro. Now,I want to re-state something. THIS CAR HAS NO TUNE at this point. It is running straight off the factory computer. There was no way that this car was going on a dyno until the motor is broken in,and the rings are seated. I am running EXTREMLY safe at this time. 10 degrees initial,109 race gas mixed with 91,and the MSD boost timing ignition set at 2. So heres the deal. Plan your install. Take your time. Upgrade your cooling and ignition system,and if you get stuck with something,ask someone who knows. Do this,and you will have no problems,and you will have an end result that will make you grin from ear to ear. Oh yeah,one more thing. Might want to leave some extra cash for some tires. Good luck with your project. Brian.

Hi guys. Thought this post was dead. Therian. The side skirts are Cervinis. I liked them because they are clean looking. Just a personal taste thing. Begizzle. The air intake is an Anderson Ford power pipe. No restriction here. Garrett. Thanks for the kind words. Trust me,you can do this. As this is likely my final hotrod,I just wanted to take this to the best level I could. Other than the money {thats always an issue} your biggest investment will be time and patience. I spent over 35 hours cleaning and detailing the engine compartment to get it ready for the new mill. I have some before and after pics of the engine compartment,if you would like to see them. I just get kind of carried away with this stuff. My best friends are "Q-TIPS". Ha. Brian.