New Lightning... or is it?

FivePointStang

Founding Member
May 22, 2001
Springfield, OH
My buddy just picked up a 01 Lightning and its pretty sharp. Although, when he got it from the dealer used lot there were GOBS of Harley Davidson logos everywhere it should have Lightning Badging.
I was skeptic that it was a Lightning because who does that? Anyway, its got SVT seats, the S/C, SVT rims, boost guage in the cluster. I didnt get all that long to look it over because it was at night when he brought it by. I was thinking there was a numbered plaque under the hood, or is that just Cobras?
If anyone could shed some light and give some good Lightning resources Id appreciate it.

Also, I remember reading on another board awhile ago about calling a number or something to get an SVT certificate.... Anyone know anything about that?

Thanks for all your help
Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, that is odd - I don't know why someone would "de-badge" a Lightning :shrug:

Anyways, call up 1-800-ford-svt. You can run the VIN# by the guys at SVT and they can quickly confirm if the Lightning is in fact, authentic or not (as well as help you out with obtaining a build cert). :cheers: