new look for my 95.

95WhiteVenom said:
125K miles on that car. Ohh and the guy bout running the better time. Well lets see Im sure you was using those DR's when you got that time better than me and the fact your car is lowered and has a chip to get over some of those nasty comp. probs our cars have plus you got 3.73's. I think someone is jealous. Ohh by the way 9.1's was the 3rd run of the day on the first time I had ever taken that car to the track. THe car now has 145k on it. Runs great as for the moment just needs a coil. My lazy tail has to get one before she goes back to the track. That 9.1 was without exhaust and the car handn't has a tune-up in 75,000 miles. I'll go back after the coil, and let you know what the exhaust, tune-up, and coil did to pick me up.

well now we know why your car was so cheap, it has high miles.

• Sponsors (?)

This thread has definitely gone way :OT:. I think your car looks good, and that chin spoiler really sets it off.
I don't see what the big deal is with the Cobra emblems if your not actually saying it is a Cobra. The car I posted earlier(97 Saleen SVT :rolleyes: ) is a perfect example of what NOT to do. You could put a Cobra front bumper, Cobra hood, V-6 rear bumber, and Cobra wheels on a GT and it would look just like a Cobra and most people would be fine with it, as long as it didn't have a snake/svt emblem on it. That's :bs: IMO...If you can't beat a real Cobra, then yes, it is wrong because your average non-mustang person will then associate all Cobras as being slow. But your almost running 12's, so that definitely will NOT disgrace the Cobra name.
Now what would you have if you did the same H/C/I swap on both a 95GT and a 95Cobra? ......Basically the same car. Throw some suspension mods on the GT and it would probably beat the Cobra in just about everything. Why not put some Cobra emblems on the GT if you wanna show off that you have a fast car? Just don't say that your car is real Cobra. Like when someone asked if my car was a Cobra, I said no, it's just a wannabe.
BTW, I plan on replacing my 302 emblems with 351 emblems after my engine swap, and I think I just might put a snake emblem in the grill. :flag:

I3lack5unshine said:
When I get it repainted Im either going badgeless or using V6 badges if its ok with the V6 guys...=)

Yeah, I think we can let you slide by with a V6 badge or two. Just don't push it, buddy. Those badges are generally reserved for grocery getting, granny mobiles. :p

Back on topic...

I too like the look of the car. Where did the hood come from? Did it require much prep work?

Ok emblems is all about someones opinion. Well we have all shared our opinion. Words you use are also about opinion. I chose to keep my language clean. Apparently some of the guys don't but that's another subject all together.

95WhiteVenom said:
125K miles on that car. Ohh and the guy bout running the better time. Well lets see Im sure you was using those DR's when you got that time better than me and the fact your car is lowered and has a chip to get over some of those nasty comp. probs our cars have plus you got 3.73's. I think someone is jealous. Ohh by the way 9.1's was the 3rd run of the day on the first time I had ever taken that car to the track. THe car now has 145k on it. Runs great as for the moment just needs a coil. My lazy tail has to get one before she goes back to the track. That 9.1 was without exhaust and the car handn't has a tune-up in 75,000 miles. I'll go back after the coil, and let you know what the exhaust, tune-up, and coil did to pick me up.

You sure you dont have anymore excuses to add?

Well lets see I could think of more but haha NO! I ain't gonna lose any sleep over something you say. Since by your profile you know all bout losing sleep.
I'm just a 21 year old, who would after that comment you made like to drive up to my uncles place in Detroit for the weekend. Drive to your neighborhood. Plan a trip to Woodward and give ya a spanking, but that also would be a waste of my time.

I couldnt care less if you're offended or not. I just find it slightly annoying that you care so much about the proper badging because of the exclusivity, rareness, and value of the SVT certification that no non SVT car should ever be adorned with it. Yet your car by your own comments is high mileage and not running properly.

And if your Cobra is so much more special than a regular plain ole' run of the mill GT like mine then a very slight advantage in gearing and traction should not be a problem. The chip did nothing for power, I guarantee you that. Its been proven over & over that 94/95 Cobra's are not really worth the $$ over the GT if you're going to mod it.

And btw lowering springs definitely hurt my 1/4 times, not helped. :rolleyes:

jtkz13 said:
I couldnt care less if you're offended or not. I just find it slightly annoying that you care so much about the proper badging because of the exclusivity, rareness, and value of the SVT certification that no non SVT car should ever be adorned with it. Yet your car by your own comments is high mileage and not running properly.

And if your Cobra is so much more special than a regular plain ole' run of the mill GT like mine then a very slight advantage in gearing and traction should not be a problem. The chip did nothing for power, I guarantee you that. Its been proven over & over that 94/95 Cobra's are not really worth the $$ over the GT if you're going to mod it.

And btw lowering springs definitely hurt my 1/4 times, not helped. :rolleyes:

amen

Hey after dealing will all the customers i deal with that call up and say I got a Boss Shinod because they have the stipes. My opinion is this You can make your car look like any car you want saleen, roush, cobra, Boss shinoda or Steeda in fact if ford and any of the others didn't want that to happen we would not make the parts available to you with out the correct VIN But please when some one asks Let them know that it is a clone but will kick the crap out of an Original. Awsome car dude and hey putting our spoiler on a car does not make it look like one of our Boss's.

But hey if you did make it look like one of our cars Come on in and join the team we would love to see at our show in Pensacola in march.

I just dont see whats wrong with having a fast GT. I will be done with my H/C/I in about 2 weeks and im not throwing Cobra badges on my car because its not a cobra its a fast GT. I just dont get why people get this big kick out of putting the badges on their car. Even if it does run 13.1 or something, its a fast GT dont worry, everything is gonna be ok. Your car is still fast without Cobras on the fenders.

donjohn said:
I agree sleepy (hmm i should go to bed). Anyways, are you going to stick with the cobra center caps. I think they're way cool and want to get them but will buy the pony center caps or gt badge to replace the snake. But either way, get the wheels, they're cool!

Yeah I think they're coming with snake centercaps.However, Ive been waiting for them(I ordered them) 2 months ago!So I'll be happy just to get them.They are 9 and 10.5 03 cobras.But I will probably switch to the running horse centercaps eventually.

B.t.w. there is a guy here in town that has a 94 v-6 that has all cobra stuff, I mean everything(except the motor),and he asked me one day why I spent so much on stuff that didn't upgrade the looks.I didn't answer. I guess we are on different planets as far as that is concerned... :rolleyes:

Thank you man! Not only did I find that on the site, but I found the first professional targa conversion kit for my mustang that i've ever seen!!! You are god. I owe you my first born.