New Low Mileage Fox

Just happy to say I have a fox once again. I sold my 89 last April and regretted it.

Anyways, I bought a 91 GT w/ 30k original miles on it. Super clean - just need a couple minor things.

I need to replace the front oval Ford emblem. Some say it is hard to get to, others say it can be accessed without taking off the bumper. Any recommendations?

Also need to reattach the plastic speaker grills and find the circular plastic inserts that go into the door panels (missing 1). The black squarish plastic piece where the shifter is has a small LED that was inserted apparently when there was a car alarm installed? Need to get another of those. White leather interior has some cracks - I would like to replace it but could probably spend $800 elsewhere. Anyone know how the lightbar is attached? It looks like it could use a fresh coat of white paint - or maybe just buy a new one altogether.

Motor is just about all original also - I am thinking about doing some bolt-ons but nothing too crazy. Maybe COA, MAF sensor, headers.. Not even sure I am going to change the gears.

My 89 had tilt steering - I am really bummed that Ford decided to do away with it. Doesn't make any sense to me :shrug:

Photos courtesy of the seller. I haven't had time to take any pictures yet.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Sponsors (?)

Just happy to say I have a fox once again. I sold my 89 last April and regretted it.

Anyways, I bought a 91 GT w/ 30k original miles on it. Super clean - just need a couple minor things.

I need to replace the front oval Ford emblem. Some say it is hard to get to, others say it can be accessed without taking off the bumper. Any recommendations?

Also need to reattach the plastic speaker grills and find the circular plastic inserts that go into the door panels (missing 1). The black squarish plastic piece where the shifter is has a small LED that was inserted apparently when there was a car alarm installed? Need to get another of those. White leather interior has some cracks - I would like to replace it but could probably spend $800 elsewhere. Anyone know how the lightbar is attached? It looks like it could use a fresh coat of white paint - or maybe just buy a new one altogether.

Motor is just about all original also - I am thinking about doing some bolt-ons but nothing too crazy. Maybe COA, MAF sensor, headers.. Not even sure I am going to change the gears.

My 89 had tilt steering - I am really bummed that Ford decided to do away with it. Doesn't make any sense to me :shrug:

Photos courtesy of the seller. I haven't had time to take any pictures yet.
Let me shed some light on the steering wheel issue. It can be swapped . I have done one for a friend. Ford did away with the tilt because air bag technology was so new they didn't know how they were gonna make the tilt work and it almost stopped production on the car. Eventually they decided on scrapping the tilt and that was there was around it . Nice car !

That's a tough one... the trim color part that is.... I also like the cabernet red color better than the medium red; but would the trim being painted black really look good? I don't think so... The black trim on mine really accentuates the 3R medium smoke metallic blue color of my car. I couldn't see yours having black trim unless you also went with a black top & a wheel color change..... IMHO....