new mac o/r h-pipe... installed

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
I finally got it in. I must say it is fantastic. I recently came into the 4.6 modular world a few months ago after selling my fox to buy my brothers for about $7K. I gotta say I love the sound of this thing. The response is a little better as well.

The install- not as simple as the one on my fox. The fox one only came in two pieces split in the middle. THis one came in three pieces and you have to make sure they line up correctly or you get major exhaust leaks. PB blaster is my friend. I sprayed and let it set for 15 min. All bolts came out easily. Even the ones on the manifold. THe only issue I had was with the driver side where the stock studs had spacers on them. THe studs that came with the kit wouldn't fit the stock manifold so I brought the die grinder out and cut the sleeves off. (I had the worst exhaust leak when I tried to put it together with the spacers on.)

it made it easier that I have an air impact wrench as well. I tightened the bolst up without issue.

This was really my first mod to the 4.6 and I gotta say it worked out great.

People say I was crazy for giving up the fox but (like many of us) I needed a change ...... and a/c LOL!

Next mods will be suspension oriented. Looking at either sportline prokit or fms springs, with bilsteins, subframe connectors, and later some bigger and better brakes. (brakes prolly after new wheels to accomadate for the room)

• Sponsors (?)