New Mem: Please Help About 84 Stang

Nicholas Roth

Mar 30, 2017
Hey everyone, my name is Nick. Just bought a 1984 Mustang GT Hatch 5.0 with 66k original miles. This car is almost stock which I bought for $3800. I bought it from an old mechanic farmer that has bad hips so he wasnt able to get in the car very well anymore. Anyways, the car is light blue with a black stripe down the middle of the hood. I am 95% sure it is the original color. The only color that really matches this description is #35 Light Academy Blue. I found a sheet that lists the production numbers of this year and it says that the LX/GT 5.0 Hatchback in this color has only 102 made. Did I stumble upon something rare or am I overthinking things? I appreciate constructive criticism. Thanks!

Attachments

• Mustang.jpeg
    Mustang.jpeg
    521.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Sponsors (?)

:)And it's a T-top?
Car looks good in the pic,interior as nice?
As to your question.. I dunno :shrug:
But I'll tag a guy who might.
@Davedacarpainter -if he doesn't know,he will at least appreciate that I tagged him for a good looking four eyed fox :D
I'm gonna tag this guy to, @84Ttop cause,well he likes 84 T tops lol.

Oh, Welcome to Stangnet :)

Welcome to Stangnet.

Well.....rare? Maybe not terribly. Their were over 13k 1984 t-top hatchbacks made. Color has a limited importance at the moment for value.

T-tops, in general are the more rare fox mustang. The coupes are the harder to find T-tops to locate with just 700 total for '83 and 624 for '84. Of course this is in all colors.

If you have a door tag or the buck tag (metal plate located on the radiator support), post a picture of those. Loads of info to be found from there.

We kind of need more pictures of your mustang. There are a few inconsistencies I see in it. Not to say it doesn't look good, it really looks nice.

If it's a factory two tone in addition to the t-top, that will help value. You can tell that from the buck tag.

Whatever the case. That is a beautiful mustang and I want to see more of it. There are members here that can give you detail information that is beyond me.

Post a new thread in the '79-'95 general talk subforum, that'll help get the fox guys involved with your new mustang.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Mainly just the badging, it's missing the hood GT of course, and the 5.0 and GT badging on the fenders (I don't know why Ford both of those on the fender at the same time)

I'm not positive about your spoiler, but I can't positively say off of the one photo. You might have the correct type.