New Member: 1990 GT Convertible

colbyp

Jul 28, 2020
Greetings,

I am finally a mustang owner again. I sold my 2013 Track Pack back in 2015 when my son was born. Now that he is 5 and taking interest in everything I am interested it, I decided to get something a little more family friendly, that the wife can drive also (she can't drive stick because of her back). My first car was a 1968 Cougar XR7 so I was pretty much a self taught car lover. When we decided to look for a week cruiser I went and looked at a few other convertibles and quickly realized a gap in the market. There weren't many 80-100k mile cars that were still mostly original and had clean paint and interior. Most cars were either hot-rodded and trashed for 7k and below, or 30k mile collector dreams for $15k and above. I knew I wanted a cruiser so it had to be a convertible and have an AOD. I was able to scoop this beaut up for $10k. It has 83k miles, and some tasteful mods, but nothing crazy. I'd give the paint a 8/10 and the interior a 9/10. The top is new and so are the wheels and tires. It is also interesting to note how different buying a car from a private party is versus a dealer. I haven't bought a car from a private party in 10 years since my 96 Cobra. I feel it is much different now then 10 years ago, especially with Facebook and these other marketplaces. Anyways, just wanted to say hi and if any one has a black boot cover they want to sell let me know.

Best,
Colby

received_286116039161606.jpeg

Attachments

• received_275906123507265.jpeg
    received_275906123507265.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Winner
Reactions: 7 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet !!! That's a pretty good looking car. How's it look under the hood ?

That car sits well on the wheels and tires. I remember when you could find clean convertibles for under 2k....those days are long gone.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow...those are getting harder and harder to find. All it needs is the distributor boot...the rubber cover for the distributor cap.

I'd love to find one like that. Still has the hood insulator...the coil cover...the air box. Good find. Around here a clean 89 gt sold for 10k about 4 years ago. It needed tires but everything else was good to go. My favorites are the gt convertibles. They look the best to me. I've got a turbo 88 coupe that used to be a 4 cylinder. Would love to have an unmolested fox one day.

Colbyp, good find on the gt. Really like the two tone with black top. Your spot on with prices and condition of convertibles. I searched pretty hard this spring for one as original as possible. Found a 88 lx with stock radio and owners manual and appeared to be straight, with 87k Only had for a few weeks and really having a blast cruising. A lot of info on these cars on the inter webs. Hope you find a boot for the top. Couple pics. Cheers, Kevin

Attachments

• 16940FC6-CCBE-4C60-86CC-58570D93C78D.jpeg
    16940FC6-CCBE-4C60-86CC-58570D93C78D.jpeg
    406.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 59A7D67B-B251-4B5C-90E0-BF8415419F89.jpeg
    59A7D67B-B251-4B5C-90E0-BF8415419F89.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 118
  • B001DB45-0B3D-4D4B-BCAE-9FAB63BF155D.jpeg
    B001DB45-0B3D-4D4B-BCAE-9FAB63BF155D.jpeg
    421.3 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: 1 users
Colbyp, good find on the gt. Really like the two tone with black top. Your spot on with prices and condition of convertibles. I searched pretty hard this spring for one as original as possible. Found a 88 lx with stock radio and owners manual and appeared to be straight, with 87k Only had for a few weeks and really having a blast cruising. A lot of info on these cars on the inter webs. Hope you find a boot for the top. Couple pics. Cheers, Kevin

Kevin, thanks bro. Nice! I really wanted a white one too as my other two cars are white. However, I really enjoy the shine of the dark red in the bright NC sun. It has been a blast cruising the past few days. I also find it neat to be responsible for a "classic" car, and look forwarding to adding to it's history.

Best,
Colby

Fellow 90 convertible owner here. Mine is a pure stock 7 up car with 55k miles and yours has a lot better paint than mine does.

Awesome find! I also have a 90' Convertible. We have the same base interior color and I do have a scarlet boot you can have. One of the previous owners re covered the cloth seats with 7up white vinyl which actually looks pretty good and so I need a white boot to go with the top and seat cover? Welcome to the club!

Attachments

• FOX at sunrise.jpg
    FOX at sunrise.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 140
Awesome find! I also have a 90' Convertible. We have the same base interior color and I do have a scarlet boot you can have. One of the previous owners re covered the cloth seats with 7up white vinyl which actually looks pretty good and so I need a white boot to go with the top and seat cover? Welcome to the club!

Awesome! I will PM you!