New Member - Body wiring Issues

Just turned 70 today. Wow! Found this web page looking for a wiring diagram for my 1986 mustang l/x convertible with a 5.0 Just got it back from the body shop they really messed up a lot of stuff. When I hit the switch for passenger f/t window the door lock actuator makes noise window won't go down. It did before. They put a used door on drivers side and I guess the messed up the wires. Don't want it back in that shop so little by little I will figure it out. Retired mechanic.

Attachments

• DSCN0013.JPG
    DSCN0013.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I have a 92 that I recently installed remote keyless entry on. I had install relays in the wiring harness. I'm not sure if the wiring for the 86 is the same or that similar, but I though this might help you out. Good luck.

1570207046115.png

A lot of wiring changes between 86 and 92.
Veryuseful.com has some diagrams but really you may need to get an assembly manual.
Here is a wiring manual from ebay

Happy birthday! Lord willing l will still be able to turn wrenches if I make it to 70.

Sorry for your issues but if your a retired tech you'll get it ironed out. You and I come from an era when techs could actually diagnose issues (without a laptop and just swap parts)

Happy birthday!
This is what you need. Factory wiring diagram with the fold out pages. Ford techs used 'em back in the day. Cheaper than the EVTM and much more thorough too.