New member from OKC!

SoonerStang7

Jul 21, 2011
My name is Mike, I just purchased my first mustang. It is a 2001 GT, manual transmission... it came to me with 120,000 miles, a Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, but otherwise stock. I was told that a previous owner put racing gears in it...3.73, also not quite sure what that means or how it affects my speedometer and mileage. It would appear as though I am going slower than my speedo says.... approx 3 mph at 65 mph. I just installed a BBK CAI, which was made a bit more difficult to install without instructions of any kind...lol. Noticeable throttle response increase and mild horsepower gain( the stock filter was a bit grungy). I still need to change the oil and fluids and investigate a possible leak in the intake manifold and oil sending unit, but she is running very strong, not to mention I got this car for a steal of a price. I laughed my ass off today when a Supra pulled up next to me at a light revving his engine like he stood a chance against a mostly stock Mustang GT, but I kindly obliged..... Spun a little in 1st and scratched in 2nd, by the time I hit 3rd, he was shutting it down like 20 yards behind me.... I don't think I willl even waste my time next go round. F@#&ing imports!!!! HAHAhaha

Anyways, I hope I can learn something from everyone here and pass along my experiences with others. Anything I pointed out, if you have any pointers, please reply. Thank you.

Mike

• Sponsors (?)