New Member In Medicine Hat, Alberta

iceberg65

Apr 24, 2017
Hi everybody!

New here but not new to mustangs. I've been working on my 72 mustang Mach 1 351cj with a c6. This was the first car I insured and after a 9 year hiatus sitting in a field I finally got it running again last summer. Lots of work done and plenty left to go.

I'll throw up some pictures of it later.

• Sponsors (?)

20160408_125249_zpsvigfuume.jpg

20160408_125309_zpsdk5acpfg.jpg

Oh look, there's my Taurus SHO too

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome to Stangnet.

My first car was a '72 mustang, sadly not a Mach 1 though. That car could be made into a thing of beauty, IMO.

Look around our Classic subforums and get to know the guys there. they'll help you out with anything you might need to know.

Thanks for your input on the other thread about the blueprint engines. When i built my 302 years ago the gt40x heads were still a new thing. I was pleased to get 350 with 9.5-1 on it. A set of AFR or Trick flow heads would probably step me up close to the 400 crank hp level. My next engine will be the one I focus and really learn about performance parts on. I want a nice bored and stroked 351 for my red car.

Good to have you with us.

Your 302 sounds like a awesome little motor; 350hp is pretty awesome for a smallish displacement motor! its really great how the aftermarket has been filling in the last few years (on the 302 and on 71-3 mustang parts in general) It's crazy how so many people have been pushing the limits that they basically know that a 302 will eventually split in half past about 500hp. Is your next one gonna go windsor or cleveland? I know the windsor is the better choice for aftermarket, but I feel like the cleveland just has a little extra cool factor. Mine is a stock bottom end with 4v heads; torker intake, longtube hooker headers, and a FAST EzEfi System. I'm still torn on what I'm going to do for a real engine build for it in the future. Might end up being a boosted Windsor.... thats a ways off still here though; I got my hands full with what to do on it as it is to get it good.

It'll be a windsor. I have a hard on for Dart products at the moment. Though Ford Racing has come up with their 460 version of the 351 that sounds really interesting. I was thinking Holley for the FI.

I get the cleveland desire with an older mustang though. When I was a kid of 17 back in '79, I had the opportunity to buy a '71 mustang with a factory 429 in it. The guy wanted $2k for it, i didn't have it, so......Retrospect can teach you things.

Dart stuff is awesome! prices are pretty reasonable for the quality they put out too. I was eyeing that boss block ford racing has put out myself; looks like they can really do some big things with it! Holley has been in the fuel game for a long time! I was looking at their sniper EFI system that just came out and they pack a crapload of value into what they charge for it. I'm mostly on the FAST system because I came across a fantastic deal for it used. I was shopping around on the FiTech and Holley setups before I got it.

ugh 2k for a factory 429.... those days are long gone. Although there is one for sale in the midst of restoration locally..... priced at $45,000