New Member Looking ..

doublec

Jun 17, 2020
Delaware
New member looking for first Mustang. First of all I am old-79-in reasonably good health and sound mind (my opinion). Looking to get a Mustang convertible for XYL and I to just tool around in and and enjoy. Right now we have and 2013 escape and 2016 Explorer Sport. have owned everything from GTOs (65, 66, 68, 69) to wranglers. Enjoyed the 2010 SHO-sweet. Like ecoboost-but not adverse to V-8.
Would like to tap into the collective knowledge and experience of members of the forum to provide some guidance on this quest. Best years to look at, systemic problems, known issues etc... I want to be able to get in and drive away worry free-except for regular maintenance. Can't wrench them like I used to. This will be the last vehicle I will purchase-probably not new-too expensive, and will still keep the others. Explorer is a people mover, and great on long road trips. Thought about another wrangler-but not going off road anymore. So the pony seems to be a way to go and enjoy life in the sunshine (summer). Any of your thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors(?)

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
If it were me (and it soon will be), I would go for a GTCS in whatever body style that you like the best.

Sure... They all have their quarks.

Do you have a particular year (platform/body style) that you liked more than the other?

doublec

Jun 17, 2020
Delaware
Thanks. Just looking and learning. Like from about 2014 to recent. Like the GT with V-8, but see a plethora of ecoboosts with low mileage. Suspicious of why? Any inherent problems with that platform. GTs in this model year range are rare. Not interested in Track Packages etc. Just a daily driver for when we do not need the SUVs, or for the occasional run down the boulevard to FL.